Monday, February 16, 2009

Design Team January Assignment

I have been dying to post this page now for about three weeks! We got our Treasured Memories Design Team January Assignment on a Wednesday, and I was scrapbooking that same Thursday. I LOVE a challenge. Shh! Don't tell the DT Coordiantor Melissa.

Anyway, our instructions were that the layout must (1) be a 2 page 12x12 layout (2) be about me and showcase my style (3) contain at least one 5x7 photo of myself and (4) use new products from Treasured Memories. I can't wait to see it hanging in the store because I think it looks much better in person. Take a looksy and tell me what you think!



I cut up the Butterfly Swirl paper, placing the swirls on top of the Crate Paper circle in the corners. I also cut out and stickled the butterflies. Since their antennae were too small to cut out, I used stick pins. I also used gems for their bodies. All the letters in the title have Stickle on them. You just can't have too much glitter!



Each of my little embellishment clusters contains a chipboard scallop, some paper flowers, a butterfly, and a journal tag. I created the journal tags with a stamp and some rub-ons. To unite the two large circles and the random embellishment clusters, I glued down some "loop-de-loops" of sequin ribbon. I wanted it to look like the butterfly trail.



Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Wild Saffron by K & Co., Lemon Grass by Crate Paper; Letters: Thickers Poolside and Giftbox; Stickle: Baby Blue, Cinnamon, Crystal, Mermaid, Orange Peel, XMas Red and Yellow; Flowers: Prima; Stamp: Making Memories; Stick Pins: Hobby Lobby; Sequin Ribbon: Westrim; Chipboard: Maya Road; Brads: K & Co.; Jewels: Hero Arts and Walmart; Chalk: Versa Magic Cosmic Copper, Mango Madness, Thatched Straw, and Turquoise Gem; Ink: StazOn Timber Brown; Rub-Ons: October Afternoon.

We get our new assignment on Tuesday night, so I'll guess I'll be scrapbooking Wednesday. LOL!

P.S. A special thanks to my BFF Frances for making me look good on camera! She turned that camera every which way and took about 50 shots. I had a hard time narrowing them down because she's just that good!

15 comments:

Frances said...

Tah-dah!!! It's beautiful. You are so talented and you definitely showcased your style with this one.
XOXO

Lisa F. Hebert said...

Hi Alphra,

I just love your layout, especially the butterflies. The colors are great. See you tonight.

Charlotte Cramer said...

Gorgeous design Alphra!!!!!

Heather Bares said...

beautiful layout!!!!!

scraphappenings said...

Your layout is awesome! You need to come by the store and see it in person. It's even more amazing! Great job!

Lisa Fruge Johnson said...

Great layout. I like your style! Have fun

Jeanne Pellerin said...

Love this layout!! Enjoy your time on Design Team! :)

let's embellish! said...

This layout is beautiful! I love all the details!

Stacey said...

Wow! What a stunning layout! Just stopping by from Scrapperie to see your blog. Amazing work. Simply stuning.

wendywoo said...

I saw your layout today at the store...fabulous! Love the butterfly intennas.

Katamommy said...

I love this lo and I'm with you on the glitter and Stickles!

Beth said...

Hi Aphra - blog hopping from the Scrapperie GDT list.
wow love how you did the string of flowers and the colors you used. beautiful!

and i'm a little jealous at the warm weather you have in Feb.

amuffoletto said...

Wow...Great layout. Love the clusters. awesome details. Yee Haa girl can't wait to see more.

Stacey Michaud said...

Beautiful layout! I love the handcutting and all that bling! This is so great!

Kimo(don)2 said...

ooohhh! LIKE a lot!