Ta Daa--Here's my February layout for Treasured Memories' Design Team. For this assignment, we were given patterned paper from one line with coordinating embellishments. The instructions were to use at least four pieces of patterned paper, most of the embellishments, and four techniques.
I used Jenni Bowlin's Farmer's Wife paper, chipboard buttons, journaling cards, pearl flowers, rhinestone buttons, alphabet cards, and mini alphas. [I even used the packaging from the buttons and flowers as part of the layering!]
Techniques include crackle paint, distressing, layering, hand stitching, photo collage, and handmade flowers.
At our meeting tomorrow night, we will be working in groups to create layouts with the new products. Kaylyn and I will be working with My Little Shoebox. LOVE it! Hope you enjoy all the new layouts hanging in the store.
Design Team Bio
1. Tell us about yourself. I am a former teacher turned stay-at-home mom to two boys, ages 8 and 1. While I'm at home scrapbooking and chauffering kids, my wonderful husband of 12 years is working in the oilfield in Alaska.
2. What is your scrapbooking style? Hmmm...I'm not exactly sure. A little clean and linear, a little shabby, but mostly eclectic.
3. How long have you been scrapbooking? Since 2001 when my cousin invited me to a Creative Memories crop.
4. Who do you scrapbook? Mostly my boys, but also family holidays and vacations.
5. Name your top 3 tools. My Tim Holtz distresser, my circle cutter, and my laptop.
6. How are you inspired to get started on a layout? The colors in a picture usually.
7. Do you have any great tips to share? Find a style/layout that you like and rework it each time you scrapbook, using new products and techniques. That way you stay in your comfort zone while still incorporating new things.
8. What are your favorite 3 embellishments? I love stick pins, Thickers, and tags.
9. What is your favorite paper line? Right this minute--Sassafras Lass. (Recently--October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket.)
10. What is your favorite way to journal? Sadly, I don't journal much these days. I need to get back to it. I like journal strips because they're so versatile and easy to place.