Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stampin' Up a Storm

So, for some reason I've just started stamping a lot. Everyone else has probably been doing it since they started scrapping. Not me, I was buying most of my embellishments. However, I'm starting to make my own, and it's much more fun. I just got this wood grain stamp, and it was begging me to use it. Mixer #15 at Mix It Up challenge blog was the perfect chance for me to give it a stamp.

This week's challenge is to create a background without using cardstock or patterned paper. I stamped a piece of cardboard packaging from Scrapbook.com. Then, I covered it all up with patterned paper. LOL

I adore this picture of my son peeking through the wood posts of his jungle gym and this paper seemed to really do it justice. How cute is that darn beaver?



11 comments:

Jessica said...

adorable!! I just got a wood grain stamp also and have not used it..but after seeing your layout I feel inspired to use it! That is an adorable pic and I just love this pg!

Frances said...

Love the stamping!! I need one of those stamps...I am feeling inspired to get my stamps out!

Jamie Harder said...

Stamping is very addicting!!!! Love your layout!! That beaver is WAY cute!

MyLittleTeapot said...

That LO is amazing Aphra!!!! Love the dimension and the the style and how you conceptualize everything

LG

Denise said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! I love it!!!! What a beautiful page!!!

Lydia said...

Great Page I love the little beaver, and the way you framed him. And wonderful layers.

Staci said...

Not only is the beaver cute, but the whole layout rocks! Love the clouds! I also looove the woodgrain stamp - I need to find one of those!

ally serrato said...

aphra ~ your layouts are a~m~a~z~i~n~g!!!!! i love the way you balanced the white paper with the white fence in the photo ~ great picture by the way!! what is that mushroom paper?? im a tad bit crazy for mushrooms these days!!!
{xoxo}

Heather Bares said...

this is gorgeous!!! I think I had said this already, but I sure hope that you are submitting your layouts to magazines.

Susan Longman said...

Ok Aphra ...fess up ...what brand is the woodgrain stamp and where do I get one? I love the layout and the stamping looks fabulous.

Aphra said...

Hi everyone....thanks for all your sweet comments. And to answer the inquisition (LOL) the woodgrain stamp is by All Night Media, and I got it at Michael's. It's a 4x4 rubber wood-mounted stamp. Go forth and woodgrain, people! :)