Monday, May 11, 2009

Baseball and Bling

Here's my layout for sketch #12 at The Scrappiest Sketch Blog. Such great lines in this sketch. Go take a look and give it a try! There's a great prize this month...as always.

This We R Memory Keepers MVP paper was a challenge for me. All that distressing and the dark colors. In the end I liked it though. The pops of red brought it all together, I think.

On Wednesday at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks, I'll be posting a tutorial on how to make those bling flourishes. Super easy on the eyes and the scrappy budget.

Happy Scrappin',




10 comments:

Frances said...

LOVE IT!!! The flourish is amazing and I can't believe you made it yourself!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine making an amazing flourish like that! This LO is fantastic!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous LO, Aphra! I cannot wait for your tutorial this week! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day! :)

*Paula* said...

awesome! love the layout! :)

Jodi said...

Aphra, this is great! ( I love the bling flourish!!!)

Wendy Smith said...

woweeeee........is gorgeous

Denise said...

Fantastic Layout!!! Love it!!

JgWM said...

Beautiful layout, such beautiful work. Thank you for visiting The next Step Challenge blog. I hope you play along with us!!- Gayle

Jamie Harder said...

OHH what a FANTASTIC layout!! Love the title - I think I need to do a page with that title for my daughter. You are such an inspiration!!!

~ Grace ~ said...

You really have nailed this sketch. Love the bling flourishes and the fancy cutting.