Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year, I am remembering all the joys of motherhood....the squishy hugs, the sweet smiles, the simplicity of being loved by a child. What a blessing! My two boys give me more joy than I ever could have imagined possible, and I just love being their mom.

Here's my Mother's Day layout. The pictures were taken by my husband while we were in Brenham, TX for spring break. I forget sometimes to be in the picture, so I was glad he suggested I take a photo with the boys.

The paper is Basic Grey Sultry. Pink and purple....definitely a new color combo for me. Pretty much everything else came from my stash. I layered a Maya Road sheer calendar on top of a doilie, put some Crystal Accents on the dots of the butterfly, and distressed some Tim Holtz hinges. To break up some of the softer colors, I outlined or distressed everything in black.

The sketch is #19 by Julie Bonner over at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks. Go take a look at the other DTs layouts....beautiful. And the prize is definitely worth playing for!

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Scrappin'



4 comments:

Tam, I am said...

Your layout is beautiful! I love all of the layers and elements!

Happy Mother's Day!

Jamie Harder said...

Gorgeous layout!!! I am rarely in the photos with my kids so I need to go right now and make my hubby take a picture of me with my girls:)

Wendy Smith said...

OMG that is devine...I love the grungboard hinges...and the PP..gorgeous

Lydia said...

Great mothers day LO Aphra, I love what you did with the butterflies, looks fantastic!