Monday, May 4, 2009

Perpetual Motion

He spins me right round, baby, right round. Like a record baby, right round, round, round! Nothing like a little 80s jam, hun? Anyhoo, that's how I feel most days when I'm home with this little guy. He is non-stop! Perpetual Motion.

Here we are at Girard Park in Lafayette. That is a big park! We were allllll over it. I took about 100 pictures, and I want to scrap them all. Get used to that striped shirt because you'll see it a bunch.

This is my DT layout for sketch #11 over at The Scrappiest. It was just posted today along with the three other DTs pages. They have some terrific ideas. Go take a peek and play along.

I took a few liberties with the sketch, but that's part of the fun,right? I also think the page is pretty simple and clean for me. It took me about thirty minutes to decide that yes, I was finished with it.






This layout includes a combination of papers from Sassafras Lass and Cosmo Cricket. Kinda random, hun? The black chipboard alphas are Bazzil outlined with a Sakura paint pen--a new favorite of mine because it writes on anything, even pictures. And I'm still loving tiny alphas! These are from My Little Shoebox--love the bright orange. The black gears I made from a page out of a Cosmo Cricket blackboard book because I couldn't find a single one of the oodles I got in a package of their black robot chipboard a while back. Apparently after I'd used half of them I didn't think I'd use them again and threw them away. Humph! Now I'll never throw anything away.

Happy Scrappin'

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Adorable pg. and pics...great colors and love that title!

Lan said...

Love your new blog header and congrats on the new DT position. Love the mix of papers on your layout.

Stacey Michaud said...

What a fun page! I love how you did the lettering! Hope all is well my friend!

Denise said...

Your layout is fantastic!!! Love the title it's perfect!!

ally serrato said...

aphra ~ that layout is amazing ~ you so totally rock!!! love, love, loveeeee,,,
{xoxo}

Susan Longman said...

Stunning layout ...love the bright colours you are using...and I can't believe you throw away stash ...what are you thinking...lol

Lucy Edson said...

Fabulous!! Those photos just begged to be scrapped! Love the colors and fun design! :)

amuffoletto said...

Ohhh Yeah I here you. My 2 year old never stops til he crashes after an hour of fighting him to go to bed. Great pictures of your little one. Love your layout. You are just fabulous. I really love your creativity...really really....Oh love that song....Just know you are not alone. LOL

Cheryl Kosakura said...

I love this page gears and all!
-Cher

MyLittleTeapot said...

WOW those colors just pops out! I love it! You have a made a wonderful and fun LO! AMAZING

LG

Staci said...

I totally love this - sooo adorable!! That sass pp is perfect for this! And I have two of those who are in perpetual motion myself!

My Scraptacular Life said...

Hi Aphra- I love this LO! And I am so happy to hear that sometimes you can do a page....it all comes together and you let yourself be done! I don't know how many times I have quickly put a page together and felt like I should do more because it didn't take me very long :) and the half circle was a big challenge for me too :)