Monday, May 18, 2009

Scrappiest Reveal and Two Awards

My layout for Sketch #13 at The Scrappiest Sketch Blog. I just love that grid. I kept it fairly simple and let the vibrant oranges, the cute photo, and the great sketch do all the work.

I swear the page is not crooked in real life, and after three tries at reshooting and recropping, I let it go. Sort of.





Now on to some awards. Both of these were given to me by Jamie Harder, a friend of mine from 52 Sketches and a talented designer at Creative Scrappers! Love her.


Anyhoo, the rules of the Lemonade Stand award:

Comment on this blog.
Cut and paste the award logo and use it in your own blog.
Nominate 5 to 10 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.
Link to your nominees within your blog post.
Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation.

And here's a little about the Friends award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to five bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Well, I'm giving both of these awards to five of my bloggy friends who consistently stop by and leave me sweet comments. Thanks ladies! Click on their name to go check out their wonderful blogs!

1. Frances
2. My Little Teapot
3. Grace
4. Melissa
5. Jodi

Happy Scrappin',

10 comments:

Frances said...

This is such a great layout...love the colors, the stitching, the pic...love it all!! Thanks for the awards!

~ Grace ~ said...

Oh my thanks so much Aphra. You are so sweet also! This is my first blog award! Thanks so much!!! I will think on it today and post up my awards to my friendly bloggers tomorrow.
About your layout. I have to say that I do love the colors of you new sketch and the cute stitching between some of the blocks of orange. I really love the black accents and the adorable pic. Great job sweetie!

I hope your Monday is a wonderful one.

MyLittleTeapot said...

Gorgeous page as always Aphra. Totally love the colors.

and yipeee thanks for the blog award sweetie. I love it. I'll update my blog in a while


LG

Melissa said...

Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks so much for the award Aphra! *hug*

ps-your scrappiest LO looks awesome, love the pp blocks.

My Scraptacular Life said...

oooohh, ahhhhh! Once again I am blown away by your LO. It is sooo bright and happy and I love all the little details!

Jodi Wilton said...

THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU Aphra!!!! Totally suprised me!!! I will update my blog once I get the kiddies to bed (we just got back from Marineland!!)

YOUR LO...ROCKs! (as ALways!) Love the little bit of stitching you used... and a great way to use your orange stash!! AWESOME job!!! :)

Thanks again for the award!!! :)

Jocelyn said...

I just adore the LO, love the squares and the colors are wonderful!!!! Have a great Monday!

MyLittleTeapot said...

sweetie I love your LO so much! Can I scraplift this if its okay with you?

LG

Lisa said...

love this layout...the colors, the embellishments, and of course the photo of that little cutie!
lisa

ally serrato said...

i loooooooove this colorful layout with the oranges!!! love ~ love ~ love!!!!
{xoxo}