Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Scrapbook Day

In honor of National Scrapbook Day, Pages in Time is hosting an online mini-crop complete with challenges, games, chat, and prizes. Each Design Team member will post a challenge throughout the day today. You have until Monday, May 4th midnight EST to complete the challenges. Each designer is giving away a RAK, and the participant who earns the most points for completing challenges and playing games will win a grand prize.

For my challenge, I would like you to scraplift yourself. Choose one of your favorite layouts and base a new layout on it. To be eligible for my RAK (Pink Paislee alphabet stickers and petals and Spare Parts antique brads), post your original and new layouts on my thread at Pages in Time and in the gallery. I will post the winner on Tuesday, May 5th.



Here's my layout, called "Look Out World." It's based on a layout that I completed back in November 2008, called "Keep Your Face to the Sun." I love the linear lines and the multiple photos. For my scraplift, I flipped the sketch and used fewer embellishments. [Seriuosly, Basic Grey Lime Rickey doesn't need much embellishing!] It was so much fun to scraplift myself.

Hope you'll give it a try too!











And, while you're blog surfing today, go check me out at Inspiration Craft Blogs. I'm their featured crafter today. Extra special since it's National Scrapbook Day!Danielle Wycough asked me if she could showcase my work. And, of course, I said yes. Their blog is chock full of inspiring designers. Go follow along, and who knows, maybe they'll feature you next!

Happy Scrappin',

6 comments:

Susan Longman said...

Wow Aphra, these layouts are stunning...so much detail I love the colours in the Sun layout especially...

Also drop me a line susan.longman@bigpond.com as I would love you to do a Guest DT spot on my scrap the boys challenge blog some time is you are interested?

Wendy Smith said...

Hi Aphra...Susan lead me to you gorgeous work.

Susan is my sisyer and she has been raving about your work for a while now, I am so glad to have actually found the time to visit, she is not wrong..your work is amazing!!!

Denise said...

Wow!!! Your layouts are gorgeous!!!! Love em both!!

Jessica said...

absolutely fantastic and inspirational pgs.
Also Aphra your entry for the Scrapping out LOUD! color shy challenge this week is perfection! thanks so much for playing along!

Heather Bares said...

gorgeous layouts

MyLittleTeapot said...

Oh Im too late for this one! Great prize Aphra!

And those LOs is just amazing. Totally love the fun look of it and the colors

LG