Monday, June 1, 2009

Back in the Fast Lane



These handsome fellows and I took a time out at the beach for the last four days. We had such a great time. [You'll be seeing more of those photos--260 of them--in upcoming layouts....many upcoming layouts.] While soaking up the sun and splashing in the surf there in beautiful Orange Beach, AL, I was out of touch with my blog and all my scrappy friends. Boy did I miss everyone! I checked in on the Blackberry daily, but it's just not the same. Anyway, some really great things happened in the last four days. Now, you know I have to catch up, but I'll try to be brief.

First, a la Carte (me and Frannie's challenge blog) went live on Friday. Soooo exciting. Our first challenge and our layouts are up. Come play along; it'll be good fun. Here's my layout of my oldest son who just wanted to eat his ice cream in peace. He had smiled graciously for all 150 shots in the bluebonnet field just a few hours earlier.



On Sunday, my latest 52 Sketches...52 Weeks #22 DT layout was revealed. I had such a great time making those beaded waves...once I figured out how to do it (thanks Frances!). The sketch is great and so is the prize! Go check it out.




Then, I got an e-mail asking me to join the design team at Scrapping Out Loud, a fab challenge blog that I've been playing along with for a little while. The girls there are super sweet and the challenges are...well, challenging. I'm excited and honored to be part of the team for the next six months. With Frances, no less! Here's my application layout and some close-ups. Come check us out at SOL and say hi!






Last, but not least, TWO of my layouts have been published in this month's Scrapstreet Magazine, Puddle Wonderful (p. 30) and Star Student (p. 5). Go take a look, and while you're there, check out the July calls. It's soooo much fun to have your layout published!

Come back tomorrow to find out the winner of the Martha Stewart punches!

Happy Scrappin'

5 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Seriously...how do you have the time to do all you do!!! And you are so amazing at it!!!! I love all your layouts:)

Frances said...

L-O-V-E it all!! That pic of your boys is fabulous...great ensemble mom. Your layouts are great, like always. Glad your back...missed you a little! xxooxxoo

P.S. Congrats on the pub!

MyLittleTeapot said...

WOW Congratulations to your New DT position and your published LOs!!!! I am really inspired everytime I visit your blog!

LG

Jocelyn said...

Love your creations, theuy are JUST PERFECT!!! What a great pic at the beach!!! Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Jessica said...

yeahhh...all this wonderful news! love that pic of the guys...so handsome and great pgs. and of course big congrats on being pubbed...oh and congrats on being part of the sol team ...we are thrilled to have you!!!