Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Colors of Summer

That's what was in my box of goodies this month from Right at Home! As soon as I opened the box, I knew I'd be scrapping pictures of our vacation to Gulf Shores, AL. Since I took about two hundred pictures, you might be seeing those a lot.

For this first layout, I was dying to use as much of those cute patterns as possible, soI made a color block of 3 x 3 inch pieces of Bo Bunny Mango Luau patterned paper. Since the papers are now double-sided, I got eight different blocks. Then, I used the fun Bazzil card stock edge strips to border the block. I cut out the flowers and backed them with brown cardstock. I love the Bazzil paper brads in the center...just perfect for those big flowers! The title is none other than American Crafts Thickers and Bo Bunny cardstock stickers. To tone down the bright colors a bit, I used kraft colored cardstock and some pages from an old novel for the butterflies and part of the flower centers.





This next layout is mostly one sheet of the Mango Luau paper, front and back, and then some scraps from the first layout. How versatile is that double-sided paper, hun? I cut out more of those great big orange flowers and accented them with buttons to really make them pop. To draw your eye to the title, I tied on some twill ribbon. The last thing I did was to back the Bo Bunny cardstock alpha stickers with cardstock, so they would show up better and so I could pop them up and overlap them a little.







This last layout is made mostly with the Whitewash C'oredinations cardstock that was in my kit. I LOVE that paper. The inside is a different color from the outside, so it begs to be torn and distressed. Immediately, I knew I wanted to make a sophisticated layout for the picture of my kiddos in the sand dunes. I tore the paper to imitate the dunes and then I used the scraps to make the grass. The fence is made from torn strips that have been stamped and "strapped" together with twine. The circle also includes that twine and every single sweet brown brad that came in my box. After making the clouds, I realized that I used every last bit of the C'oredinations....it was sooo much fun to play with.







What a great kit from Lisa at Right at Home, hun? Be sure to check her store for all your scrappy needs!

Happy Scrappin'

16 comments:

Frances said...

Love it all...you rocked that kit! I know I have only said this one thousand times before, but I think the "In the Dunes" layout is my most favorite layout ever. Can't wait till next month.

Melissa Fournet said...

Hey A,
OMG!!! thel/o's are FABULOUS?? you are such an inspiration!!

T.M. is really lucky to have you on their Design Team!!
see ya soon

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, these are some rockin' LO's! You really did some fantastic work! Love the In the Dines too! Wowooowowowow!

laterg8r said...

love the fence you created. this LO must have taken lots of time - definitely worth it. i also love your punched butterflies even if i was shocked that you defaced a book to do it LOL!! :) i will have to try that...the trouble will be deciding which book!

lyn said...

wholly dooley, just love these bright funky layouts, colours are wonderful, so loving teh fence in the dunes page. well done hun.xo

Tonya Boone said...

i just got this same paper for a dt at a LSS.. had a hard time with it.. but you really rocked these layouts.. as always.. i love your work..

Tara Orr said...

these colours are unreal - love how you used the papers - looks fantastic! Great kit (thanks to you!)

Tracey said...

Wow Aphra! Love all these LO's. Stunning work....xxx

MyLittleTeapot said...

WOW!!! I am loving the blast of colors that you are using!!!!! It is something new and fresh and very playful. love it all


Thanks for the punches! It was my very first punches. I love it

LG

Rochelle said...

as always, awesome layouts!! wow!! you are my inspiration! :)

iza said...

lurve them all.love the bright n fun color of ur first two lo.the flower was great.n i really really love ur 3rd lo's design.love it to the bits...

Jazzy1972 said...

What gorgeous layouts, I feel so inspired, your blog is gorgeous, I love your style. Jay xx

Jenn said...

love these layouts!

sarah said...

beautiful layout! love the stitching here!

hugs,
sarah.

ally serrato said...

aphra ~ love these ~ love your use of orange :-D
{xoxo}

Heather Bares said...

GORGEOUS layouts!!!!