Saturday, June 6, 2009

Just Scrapping My Boys

I've had a little break from design team projects, so what did I do? Try out for more. I'm addicted to scrapping for a team. I LOVE it. So much fun being given a challenge and a deadline and getting to know other folks as addicted to scrapping as I am. If you haven't sent in any applications, you should.

One of my favorite challenge blogs, Scrap the Boys is having a CT call. Susan is looking for fresh faces on the creative team starting in June. So.....

Do you have boys?
Do you feel you can inspire others to get those boy pages done?
Can you commit to 1 layout a month?
Sounds easy doesn't it...well it is ...so apply.

For all the details, go HERE.

This is one of my layouts for the call. My silly toddler looking all threatening in his swim goggles and diaper.





This next layout was inspired by Sketch #54 at Creative Scrappers. Kristine and the girls over there always inspire me! Right now, I'm a bit infatuated with Basic Grey...yeah, I know, where have I been for the last three years? I always assumed the line was too girly for my boys' layouts, but I was so wrong.

Anyhoo, this is mostly Cupcake. Since I only grabbed paper and no embellishments, I had to wing it, so I stamped and clustered. I like the end result, but next time I'm getting some of the BG embellishments. Have you seen their new lines....Lemonade and June Bug? Holy Smokes...I'll be breaking the scrappy budget on those for sure.






Enjoy your Saturday! I'll be back tomorrow with some more layouts.

Happy Scrappin'

8 comments:

Frances said...

Cute, cute, cute...I am loving those layouts! That paper on the "Slim Shady" layout is to die for. And I too, love the stamping on the "Driveway Dragster" layout...super job!
xxooxxoo

Jennifer said...

Nice layouts! Can you tell me where you bought your label maker? I see you use it a lot on your layouts. Thanks!

Jessica said...

soooo adorable Aphra...love them both!

Jocelyn said...

Love these LO's Aphra. Just perfect Boy LO's and I love that site!!! I have two grandsons, so lots of boy pics!!! Have a great weekend!

Wendy Smith said...

these are fabulous...I adore your style...you ROCK

MyLittleTeapot said...

I totally understand how you feel about working with teams and I feel the same way but I so miss the time sometimes where I can scrap not for a challenge or a DT task.

Anyway, I am really amazed with your works Aphra! You are truly a gifted artist!!!

LG

iza said...

great pages aphra.gud luck with ur application.ur slim shady was cute n bright.lurve ur dragster page too.

Jodi said...

WOWSERS!! These are awesome!! I was thinkin' of trying for the scrapping the boys team too... I am totally addicted to DT's too now! lol!