Monday, June 8, 2009

Sketch #23 @ 52 Sketches







Oooo, this week's sketch is a good one! Don't you just love those circles? They gave me another excuse to do a tree on a page. Anyway, you have all week to get your layout loaded into the gallery to be eligible for an awesome prize pack from Zoe, a Close to My Heart independent consultant.

I used several lines of product on this layout. The tops of my trees are made from Jilli Bean Soup kraft journal spots. Very versatile. The blue background, the tree trunk, and the green on the tree tops are all papers by Chatterbox. The grass is actually a border that came in a big pack of borders by K & Co. Got it at Michael's. The die cut tag is by Jenni Bowlin, and those fun alphas are Thickers, of course.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! Come back tomorrow....I have four layouts waiting to go up on the blog.

Happy Scrappin'

10 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

I just love your interpretation of the sketch and the construction of the tree...awesome

Jodi said...

Love it Aphra!!! I said it b4 and I will say it again! you amaze me!!

Jocelyn said...

So cute and I love the tress. I got so crazy with trees, that they were on practically every LO, so now I am on a no tree on the LO for a little while!!! You did an outstanding job and I LOVE IT!!!! Have a great Monday! :)

lyn said...

wow aphra, just love your take on that sketch, just super awesome! Will have to give this sketch a go :) xo

Lindsay said...

I love how you thought to use those journaling sprouts Aphra! Another fun LO - fabulous job! :)

ally serrato said...

aphra ~ i loooooove this layout ~ like a lot!!!!
{xoxo}

Lisa said...

Love the layout Aphra. I'm with you...I love tree's on layouts too, not sure why, but it's my new thing until my next new thing. :)
Lisa

Staci said...

I LOVE how you used the sketch and turned the circles into a tree! SO creative and gorgeous - love it!

Heather P said...

You are so creative,who would of thought to make trees out of circles and flowers from buttons.
Love your work!!

Tonya Boone said...

i so want to lift this.. i love your work..