Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cast Away

Our challenge this week over at Scrapping Out LOUD! is to use paper casting. And my what a neat challenge it is! You create an embellishment with toilet tissue. After several mistries, I finally figured it out and came up with a pretty neat embellie. Take a look.



I just love this picture of my husband and me on the beach in Gulf Shores. My eight-year-old, the budding photographer, took it for me. We were plenty relaxed after five days of sun and sand and ocean breeze. Our kids had such a great time and were so well-behaved that we want to go back every year. Can't wait!



My flower center was stamped onto wet toilet paper and then let dry for a day. Then I cut it out and attached some pebbles and a pearl to try to make it show up a little better. In person, it doesn't look quite so washed out.

Some of my fellow DT members inked or chalked their casts to make them pop a little. You can check out their creations HERE. Also, there's a link to Danielle Flanders' tutorial on toilet paper casting. If you want to stretch your scrappy creativity, this is definitely a challenge for you. And heck, you end up with a neat, super cheap embellishment. AND you may even win a great prize from Life Preservers.

Happy Scrappin'

7 comments:

Diana said...

BEAUTIFUL color choice! The cast is amazing--love the layout!

Jamie Harder said...

Wow fun challenge! Your layout is beautiful...the lovely blue really makes it feel relaxing!!!

Melissa said...

So very beautiful, I love the colours and the casting looks fantastic.

Wendy Smith said...

that technique is a great idea..TFS

Wonderful layout and colours!

yyam said...

Love the colors on this Aphra! I liked what you did with the paper casting...works well with your LO!

Denise said...

Wow, your layout is just stunning! Love the photo too, I make my 12 year take pics too and he's getting quite good been doing it for at least 4 years now!!! LOL!

Heather Bares said...

gorgeous layout!