Friday, July 24, 2009

Grab your wallets!

Wallet-sized photos, that is! Today's sketch at So Sketchy! contains five of them. The original sketch calls for five photos in a horizontal orientation, but I had my heart set on these vertical birthday photos. They matched the paper perfectly!

The photos are of my mom's 60th birthday. Wow, I can't believe she's 60 because she doesn't act or look like she's 60. Of course, I'm not exactly sure how 60 is supposed to look or act. LOL! She was a little bummed about the whole affair, so my immediate family threw her a little surprise party at my house, complete with a homemade cake and presents. That cheered her right up! I wasn't too pleased with the quality of the photos. Terrible light in my dining room. But I just had to scrap such cute photos!



Supplies: Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Cherry Hill; Brads: Sassafras Lass Dainty Dots; Butterfly Die Cut Border: Bazzil Just the Edge; Chipboard Alphas: Craft Fair Ladybug Fabric Thickers and Charcoal Dolce Fabric Thickers; Flowers: Bazzil; Rub-on: Lilly Bee; Buttons: Autumn Leaves; Floss: DMC; Stick Pins: Maya Road; Dew Drops: Queen & Co.

Be sure to check out the sketch HERE at So Sketchy! And email Alison your creation, so she can add it to the July Slide. And, who knows? Maybe you'll be the lucky winner of the July prize.

Happy Scrappin'

6 comments:

LG said...

lovely layout Aphra!!!!

Lydia said...

Great LO Aphra, I love the wallet sized photos, theey are the perfect size to be seen and get lots on a page. Love it!!!

Jamie Harder said...

very sweet layout!!!!!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

your mom looks great for a 60yr old!! Happy birthday! :)

Kathie said...

Aphra, that is a great LO!! TFS it with us. Have a great weekend
Kathie
xoxo

mel said...

this is a beautiful LO - your work is gorgeous Melxx