Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm in LOVE...

with my own layout! Is that ok? Don't you just love it when you enjoy the process AND the product? Well, it started with some super cute paper. Webster's Pages Sweet Cherry Pie, bought especially for some July 4th photos way before I even had any July 4th photos.

Now as if the paper weren't cute enough, would you look at that sketch. Liz over at The Scrappiest really outdid herself this time. Wallet photos, white space. LOVE it!

But wait, there's more. To add to cute supplies and an awesome sketch, I had even more inspiration by way of this week's challenge over at Scrapping Out LOUD: So DIstressed OUT! Distressing is so hot right now in the scrap booking world, and it's so much more fun than stressing! So how about using some distressing on this week’s layout! I inked, scrunched, sanded, tore, roughed up, and crackled. Whew!

I must say a little thank you to Liz for the sweet petunia stamp that she sent me. Do you see those little yellow flowers? Yep, made with the stamp. I never would have bought that little stamp, but I can think of a thousand ways to use it now that I have it. Thanks, Liz!

Last, but not least, those cute clay buttons are compliments of Stephanie Hart at My Little Bit of Whimsy! I won her blinkie contest last month, and she sent me a set of these. HOW cute! Thanks, Stephanie!

Happy Scrappin'

19 comments:

Frances said...

I love it too! Great layout, you rocked that challenge.

laterg8r said...

gorgeous LO, love those little clay buttons too - too cute! yes it is ok to be in love with your LO's, esp when they turn out like this

An Zeelmaekers said...

I love your LO. The details are great. I understand that your in love with your LO!!!

LG said...

oooh Im in love with your layout too! So inspiring anf those are indeed such yummy pps

piradee talvanna said...

wow... love your layout and all those details... and yes, i would definitely be in love tooo! WOW. ps. thanks for stopping by and your comment...

Melissa said...

Its ok to be in love, I am too! It's amazing.

Diana said...

this is SO cute!

ally serrato said...

Aphra - ahhhh YEAH you're sooooo allowed to say that you love this - as long as I can love it toooo!!! It's beautiful :-)
{xoxo}

Jodi said...

I am so lovin' this LO... LOVE IT!! We all love it! Awesome job on the distressing!!

iza said...

this is gorgeous aphra.really really love this, the edge...

Jessica said...

course it is okay to love your layout! i love it too!!!...great papers and truly superb combo of all the elements! awesome stuff Aphra!

Jamie Harder said...

Um...ya...of course you love it...IT ROCKS!! WTG girl!!

An Zeelmaekers said...

there's an award waiting for you on my blog...

Euphoria said...

WOW- this is an AWESOME LO!!! Love the color and those new Jenni Bowlin cards are so so perfect!

Julie Bonner said...

LOVE IT!!!! Love the new header too!!

Lan said...

Totally awesome! Love your style...everything about it!

Wendy said...

Aphra...Janet and I too love this paper line. That is why we have used it in our next kit. Kitz will be on sale soon, and I can't wait to see the response...the kit comes packed with products and even a cute vintage box of cracker jacks. When you coming to TM to crop?

Tara Orr said...

oh yea - you totally amaze me!! The attention to detail in this is awesom - adore webster's and this is just perfect - wonderful photos!!

Heather Bares said...

this is freaking adorable!!!