Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Pinch of This and a Dash of That

Today's challenge at Scrapping Out Loud is to scrap about a favorite recipe, whether it is a family recipe, a new recipe, one you made up yourself, or even a dish at a restaurant!

Here's my take. My eight-year-old's favorite breakfast "recipe" is a cup of cereal (preferably Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms, which I rarely buy), a cup of whole milk, and a sippy bowl. He has become such a talented "chef" that he can make it himself. Oh yeah, that makes a momma happy!





All supplies for this layout came from the Five Foot Two kit at Noel Mignon. I have been swooning over her kits for some time now, but I finally broke down and bought one. And, let me just say, they are soooooo wonderful. All mixed and matched and bright and vintagey. I still have tons left, too!

Now, let's look at that punched border for just a second, shall we? When I first bought the Martha Stewart lace border punch, I thought it might be a little fussy for me. Then, when I tried to use it, it didn't show up so well and was really hard to ink or outline. Sooooo....I did some stitching in the first row of holes that were already punched and WOWZERS! now I love it. Martha Stewart has got it going on, I tell ya!

That clean, modern design is Liz's sketch #20 from The Scrappiest. I just LOVE the three wallet-sized photos....a new favorite of mine right now. I replaced the big arrow with two tags, and I expanded the circle. I LOVE circles, and the bigger the better. Don't you think? Be sure to go by the blog and see the other design team's takes on the sketch as well as the July prize by Scenic Route. Why don't you give it a try?



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check back later this week....I have another So Sketchy layout coming up. It's a good one, too!

Happy Scrappin'

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Absolutely LOVE this LO, great colours and fab pics.

Frances said...

I love it too! You totally rocked that sketch. And by the way...just how much of that Noel Mignon kit do you have to spare? You know, I am visiting this Saturday?

Heather said...

I've been eyeing Noel's kits too! Love how you did the stitching along the edge of the punched border. Really fun layout!

Jamie Harder said...

Brilliant idea to stitch the edge of that punch! It looks awesome!! FABULOUS layout!!!

laterg8r said...

i love that stitching idea, thanks for pointing it out, i am sooooo going to do this!