Thursday, July 2, 2009

Red, White, and Blue All Over

In the spirit of the Fourth of July, I have two red, white, and blue layouts to share today. Neither of them is an Independence Day layout...those will be up next week after all our fun festivities....but the colors have me thinking about our all American holiday!

First, I have my take on Challenge #3 at a la Carte inspired by a Fourth of July Picnic. Take a look at the menu HERE. I incorporated all six items. Ahem...overachiever. Hee, hee! I kid. Last month, so many of our talented members used all six menu items, so I was feeling the pressure to do the same. Anyway, here's my take.





So, how do you like that itty bitty crab paper piecing? When I found the pattern HERE, I just couldn't resist. I was going to put French knots on the top of his shell, but I was afraid I'd mess him up. I'll save that technique for another time. Ya know, the next time I make a giant crab for a page!

What I did do was paint the chipboard letters for the word celebrate. They're the same as the ones I used for sand, but I wanted more orange on the page. Super easy, and it allows me to incorporate older letters.

Also, I'd like to share a layout that was published in the June edition of Scrapstreet Magazine. It was featured in an article about journaling. The challenge was to use just one part of speech. I used a string of verbs to describe my toddler's adventures playing in the puddles! I just love the color scheme, too.





I just love the Imaginesce paper mixed with the Sassafras Lass. Mixing it up is fun stuff! What I really enjoyed doing was punching and curling those flowers. Ooooo...dimension....that makes me happy! And I'm pretty glad that Jillibean Soup is sooo generous with the journaling sprouts because it might be a while before I get tired of them. Uh-oh, I'm just noticing that this is pre-button-threading days. How much cuter would those buttons be with a little black thread in them? Isn't it funny how our scrapbook styles and tastes change....in just a few weeks even?

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Scrappin'

9 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous work Aphra. Love the double LO and it's gorgeous bright colours...xxx

Susan said...

What a great layout! I just love it!

laterg8r said...

that lo is puddle wonderful!

Jamie Harder said...

OMG I LOVE the crab!!!!!! Fabulous layouts!!!

Euphoria said...

super cool LOs!! That crab is awesome!!

Heather Bares said...

Aphra, I love that crab!!!! Both layouts are adorable!

Lindsay said...

Love all of the red, white, and blue Aphra! The flowers on that Puddle LO are too cute and I love your paper pieced crab! Happy Fourth!

Ann said...

Happy 4th of July! Great layouts as always. Love the crab! I used the same pattern to make one about a year ago, just I scalled the size down a little.

Jana Eubank said...

That crab is so cute!!! LOVE the colors and designs of these!