Sunday, August 16, 2009

52 Sketches, Picasa 3, and Glimmer Mist

Sketch #33 at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks was posted today. First off, number thirty-three? The year is going by fast, hun? Hope you've been able to photograph and scrap it, so you can remember it.

I LOVE this sketch...one 4x6 photo, room for six different patterned papers, lots of white space, but still room for lots of embellies...if you like that, which I do. Here's my layout!





Aside from the great sketch that Julie provided, I love this photo of my kids from the fourth of July. I used Picasa 3 to edit the photo to change everything but the flag to black and white. I was stunned at how well it came out.

Another fun thing about this layout is the Glimmer Misted star. I know most of you have probably hopped on and off the Glimmer Mist train by now, but somehow I missed that ride. I've just now started playing with it. For this effect, I laid down a chipboard star and misted over it. Then to make it really pop, I stitched around the outside. This provided me a good place for all that clustering. Still loving those mini Jenni Bowlin bingo cards.

You can check out this sketch HERE, and if you get it uploaded by next Sunday, you are eligible for a great prize!

Happy Scrappin'

13 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

This is awesome!!! Love the glimmer mist! I have not ridden the glimmer mist train yet...but I bought some WAY back that i really should try:-)

Jessica said...

ohhh very cool layout! i totally have not been on the glimmer mist train yet...gotta get me some!

Samantha said...

This is fantastic Aphra, you can do the Americana look so well!

Staci said...

Fantastic layout!! I loooove how the misting came out, and the cluster and design is just wonderful! Super cute photo too!

Carly said...

Gorgeous work! I've been eyeballing the glimmermist train and haven't figured out how to get on just yet... LOVE that star!! What an awesome idea! You may have just shown me a way to get on board!

laterg8r said...

love the star and how you sewed around the outline to highlight it - awesome :D

Judith said...

This is so American and really shows off that photo. Fantastic job. x

Tonya Boone said...

i tried to praise your layout on 2peas.. wouldn't let me.. I WANT SOME OF YOUR MOJO PLEASE... PLEASE!!!.. i can't get enough of your wonderful work.. feel like a stalker..

Jocelyn said...

Oh Aphra, this is just perfect...I have that paper and had no idea what to do with it.....Is misting not awesome...I just started and am loving it... I love how you stitched around the star!!! I just adore your work and talent!!!! Have a great day!!! :)

LisaW. said...

This layout is AMAZING!! I'm so in love with your style! =) Gonna have to try the Glimmer Mist technique. Thanks for inspiring me!

Lan said...

Your layouts are always stunning! I inspire to scrap like you!

Zolotce said...

Cool!!!!

Tara Orr said...

wow - just wow!