Saturday, August 15, 2009

To have a friend

is the greatest gift! And my layout for challenge #6 at A La Carte celebrates my friendship with Frances. Because it was her birthday last week, she got to choose a menu of all her scrapbook favorites. Take a look HERE.

Here's my layout, using five items from the menu and showcasing a fab photo of me and my best friend. Love ya, Frannie!









So, let me tell you a little bit about those butterflies. I was inspired by Jana Eubank's chipboard stretching tutorial at Urban Anthology. You can take a look HERE. Basically, you separate the layers of your chipboard and embellish it. I lifted up the wings of the chipboard butterfly and then crackle painted it, which caused it to curl up like you see. Then, I added Angel Wings Shimmerz, mauve chalk, big pearl centers, and push pins. I LOVE them! But, like my husband said, how on earth will I get that in my album?

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

beautiful work Aphra

Frances said...

Aphra, you kept this a secret from me...what a wonderful and extremely thoughtful surprise to find today. Life's been great since that first meeting with my English department head, and I look forward to fussing about where we will eat for lunch when were 62! Love ya bunches,
Frances

P.S. Beautiful layout...LOL!

Susan said...

What a sweet layout! I love it. Friendship is indeed a VERY special thing!

Michelle said...

It is such a sweet page. I love it. You both are so lucky to have each other. Love the color combo, btw!!

laterg8r said...

love those butterflies - maybe you should frame the page instead :)

Diana said...

it's BEAUTIFUL! put it into a shadow box....sometimes are masterpieces need to stay out!

LG said...

This is superbly done!

Ashley Smith said...

This is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Heather said...

What a beautiful page to celebrate your friendship!!