Monday, August 10, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are



There they are! Playing Guitar Hero at MawMaw's house. They tapped and strummed and sang and generally made a rucous. And for the most part, they were terrible musicians, but darn they're cute! And they have such a good time.







This layout was created for this week's challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! We were given a detailed recipe including specific paper sizes, a swatch of fabric, and just three layered embellishments (Ooops!). It was a challenge. (Kinda the point, hun?) You can find the menu and the rest of the design team's takes on it HERE.

Despite my initial struggle with the layout, I do like my final result, in part becuase of the Noel Mignon Nightingale kit that I used. LOVE her kits and the fab mix of patterns and textures. She includes a great mix of embellishments each month. And the icing on the cake is all the wonderful inspiration from her design team. You can find her kits, her shop, and links to all her blogs HERE.

3 comments:

LG said...

How often do you scrap sweetie? :P Thank you so much for inspiring me on a daily basis! Wish I can scrap as much as you do.

I totally love all your creations and this one is just amazing. i love the way you capture these memories and place them on unique pages

Jessica said...

such a cute layout! i love the papers you chose and that title!

Jamie Harder said...

Ohhh I love it...fabulous stitching!!