Monday, September 14, 2009

Finally!

I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use the Craft Fair line by American Crafts. Well, when I saw Liz's sketch for this week, I knew I'd have my chance. The sketch is clean and linear....just what I needed to scrap these sweet photos of my little brother reading the Sunday paper with my little redhead.







To create the word boys in my title, I used my foam stamps on the backside of the brown patterned paper, cut them out, and then outlined them with a red American Crafts pen. I just love how they turned out. And the best part.....I'll always have the letters and colors I need.

You've just GOT to swing by The Scrappiest and see the rest of the design team's layouts. Phenomenal! So many different styles and wonderful interpretations of the sketch. You might just feel inspired to play along for this month's prize....a totally cute kit from Scrap Attack Scrapbooking. Just email Liz your layout by September 30th.

Thanks for stopping by. Be back tomorrow with another layout for Scrapping Out LOUD!

6 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Adorable! Love how you used the owls! Popping up a few for dimension! CUTE!

Susan said...

Love those owls. Too stinkin' cute!

LG said...

Love those pps too. Great job with it!

Stacey Michaud said...

girlie, I love your work. Could gain inspiration all day long!!! Love the blog header too!

laterg8r said...

so wise to use those owls on a reading page :D

Laurel said...

So cute! Love the owl paper and what you did with the tags!