Sunday, September 27, 2009

Have You Met Max?

Well, if you visited my blog back in August, then you might remember my sweet little mini daschsund puppy. The newest addition to our family. He's now 13 weeks old, and boy is he a mess! Here he is again.







Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil; Patterned Paper, Chipboard: Basic Grey June Bug; Rik Rak, Ribbon: Wrights; Alphas: American Crafts: Buttons: Scenic Route.

This layout is based on sketch this week's sketch at 52 Sketches...52 Weeks. I just LOVE all those small squares of paper. Great way to use busy paper on a layout. Also good for using up some stash. That plaid chipboard puppy was too cute to just blend in, so I plopped him on some white cardstock and then accented it with pleated ribbon. Gosh, I love that little fellow! Oh, and one more thing. Do you see that yellow scalloped border? My favorite detail on the whole layout. Anyhoo, I used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch. I just hid the holes in the scallops behind the paper. I really like how it makes that blue patterned paper jump off the red cardstock. Yeah, I need some more border punches. Don't ya think?

And, as always, you want to go to 52 Sketches...52 Weeks to check out the rest of the design team's layouts and this week's wonderful prize. It is certainly worth the trip! On a sad note, this is my last sketch for Julie. *sigh* I've had such a wonderful time being on her team. The sketches are fabulous and the community is so friendly! But there are only so many hours in the day. . .Thanks, Julie!

Have a restful Sunday!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

He is so cute love your lo's

Stacey Michaud said...

That is so adorable! Perfect use of the June bug--which I have some of and may need to take out now! LOL! thanks for the inspiration!

Jana Eubank said...

Adorable! I'm sure 52 is sad that this is your last sketch, too! They were lucky to have such a great designer! ;)

Melissa said...

So cute, love it!
Also love the new look of your blog, did you do it yourself?!?!

laterg8r said...

love that pic and LO - that doggy embellie is perfection :D

Frances said...

Huh? Is that a layout about a dog? Just kidding, he is such a cutie! I love that BG doggy too. Great layout Aphra.

Melissa Fournet said...

HEY A,
got love this one and of course the dog is ADORABLE!! (the real one too!!:) love him, you might have to "share the love" on that one!!
have a fabulous week!!

piradee talvanna said...

love this... he's adorable!!! and also how you used the border punch, thanks for the inspirations!!

Ann said...

What a cute little fur ball. I love the design of this layout. The colors pop off the page.

Jamie Harder said...

SWEET dog!!! I want him....:-) Fabulous layout!!!!