Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Man Chair

So, we have the biggest, brownest leather recliner possible. I mean with three guys in the house, how could we not have a recliner? It's not my favorite in terms of decor, but it sure is comfortable. Even the two year old loves to sit in it. And since he's low man on the totem pole, he doesn't get to often. When he does finally get a turn, he pulls the foot relase, lays back, and owns it. I had to scrap this memory. Here he is, the Master of the House.







I was so happy to finally use this Jenni Bowlin paper. The rich colors and vintage patterns reminded me of home, so they were a perfect choice for this house themed layout. To warm up the background paper a little, I misted it a bit. Then, I added those cute little chipboard houses by Scenic Route, maker of my FAVORITE chipboards. Hate to see that company go out of business. *sigh*

This layout was completed for this week's challenge at Scrapping Out LOUD! The challenge is in honor of English teachers, Frances's current occupation and my former occupation for fourteen years. You have to use a quote as your title and only one part of speech for your journaling. My title is actually from my favorite musical, Les Miserables. For my journaling, I listed several verbs describing Ethan's attitude about sitting in the recliner.

Stop by the Scrapping Out LOUD! blog to see the rest of the design team's wonderful layouts and to find out all the details about this week's challenge and the prize up for grabs.

Tomorrow I'll be posting another So Sketchy layout! Have a great Tuesday.

8 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Love your combinations here! I agree! I will miss the Scenic Route chips. :( Cute page and cute memory, Aphra! ;)

Denise said...

Your layout is just adorable...the title...the little houses ahhhh very very cute!!!

Jessica said...

such a cutie in his chair with his sippy cup! love your pg!

laterg8r said...

loving your little houses that you made - great LO :D

Rebecca said...

Love the new look of your blog and that adorable layout--great use of the SR and JB.

Tracey said...

What awesome pics Aphra. Love the way you have scrapped this moment :)

nscropper said...

toooo cute ... fabulous layout

Melissa Fournet said...

hey a,
those houses came out so cute!!
great title too!!