Sunday, September 6, 2009

Toilet Paper Roll Stamping

Sketch #36 from 52 Sketches...52 Weeks is one of my favorites. It includes two 4x6 photos, journaling strips, white space, and a circle. Simple, balanced, and versatile. Here's my take.







Have you seen this stamping technique? I've been waiting for the right opportunity to use it on a layout. You dip the end of a cardboard tube into paint or onto an ink pad and stamp away. For this layout, I stamped with red acrylic paint. It made such a fun pattern onto my plain brown cardstock. It was just the punch of color I needed.

Oh, before I go, I thought I'd explain my layout's title. My husband's Uncle Donald operates a corn maze every year. He really knows how to provide some entertainment. He has a mechanical chicken comedy show, a water pump duck race, a corn catapult, and a cow train. Basically, he made a train from old barrels that he painted and decorated like cows. Each one is painted black and white, has a wooden cow head, a bell, and even a name. Most are named for family members! The kids line up and ride over and over. Well, he made my kids their own version of the cow train for when they go visit their MawMaw and PawPaw. He didn't paint it, but we still call it the cow train. Such fun! If you're in the Hammond area between the end of September and early February, you definitely go check it out!

Don't forget to go by 52 Sketches to see the sketch, the rest of the design team's takes, and the prize!

Thanks for stopping by! Be back tomorrow with another layout.

4 comments:

ANAT S said...

GREAT LO
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TECHNIC

christie Trahan said...

Always looking for things to do with the kids... And that falls during hunting season...may have to check it out. Cute layout!!

laterg8r said...

hey, i live near there, what's the name of the farm? you can email me at laterg8r@yahoo.ca.

thanks :D

great LO, cool technique

Deanna said...

LOVE your take on the sketch, and the idea to make your own background! This is a really great LO Aphra! I love your work!