Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ad Challenge, Anyone?

Yeah? Ok, well then you're gonna love this month's challenge at Scrap the Boys. Here's the ad.



So many possibilities. Love the colors and the circles and the journaling and the overall design. The font? Not so much. It even has a spot for the date. Here's what I came up with.







I had such a good time with this layout. For one thing, I used nothing but scraps. Gotta love that. Otherwise I'm keeping every little piece of paper for nothing. And those Sassafras Lass woodgrain letter stickers have got to be my all-time favorite alphas. Yes, I will be ordering a couple more sets while they're still available. But what I really want you to see is the decorative edge. I used my Hero Arts wood grain stamp to create the page border. Then I doodled around it with my American Crafts red fine tip pen. Ahhhh.......it's the details that make me happy.

As usual, you've got to go see all the other fabulous layouts at the blog HERE. And be sure to check out the fab prize while you're there. Good luck to ya!

Thanks for coming by. You scrappy people and all your sweet comments really make my day! So really, thanks!

And to all you ladies in South Louisiana, I love ya'll! Frances and I had a BLAST hanging out with ya at Treasured Memories this weekend. The whole drive home we were plotting how and when we can come back. Take care!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! It's my all time favorite color combo (red and aqua)
Great job on the challenge

Melissa said...

well maybe it's more blue than aqua.. I still love it!

Noel said...

wow, this is gorg! I LOVE your edge, that is the best!

Jana Eubank said...

OOOOooooo! I was so busy ooo'ing and ahhhh'ing over the circles that I totally missed that AWESOME border! What a great detail!

christie Trahan said...

Bringing back the good old days of doodling and hand journaling!!! LOVE IT

Liz Granger said...

Weeeellllll, somebody's been awful busy!! lol
Love the layout. Fabulous as usual!!