Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Girls' Weekend

Today's layout is brought to you by The Scrappiest sketch blog and Scrapping Out LOUD! challenge blog. Liz's sketch is linear (ahhh.....my kind of sketch), features two photos, twine, white space, journaling spot and a fun sprinkling of embellishments. This week's challenge at SOL is a recipe: one photo, three circles, five buttons, scallops, and a heart. Fun stuff, hun? Here's what I did.

Girl's Weekend: My best friend Frances and I headed off to Treasured Memories in Lafayette in the beginning of October for a weekend of scrapping and relaxing and catching up. We had such a wonderful time and were quite productive. Don't we look like we're having fun?






Supplies: Cardstock: Paper Studio; Patterned Paper, Sticers, Pink Alphas: Basic Grey; Mist: Tattered Angels; Buttons: Rhonna Farrar; Green Fabric Alphas: Thickers; Bling: Prima; Floss: DMC; Paint: Shimmerz.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of lollipop flowers. How about you? I added the buttons to the centers to meet the recipe challenge of 5 buttons, but I really like that little twist on the flowers. And the leaves are painted with a bit of Angel Wings Shimmerz. It adds a subtle sparkle. I had such a good time with my girlie layout this week.

Be sure to pop over to both The Scrappiest and Scrapping Out LOUD! for more inspiration by the rest of the design team AND to see the prizes.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

beautiful beautiful pg...and so glad you guys had a great time!

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous page!! Love the lollipop flowers.....nope NEVER will grow tired of those:-)

Stacey Michaud said...

This is seriously gorgeous! I have adored each and every one of your recent scrappy things!

sarah said...

yup, the lollipop flowers i can never get sick of either! LOL. anyway, LOVE that lo! :)

hope you have a wonderful day aphra!

hugs,
sarah.

Michelle said...

That is a beautiful LO of you and Frances!!! I love the BG Porcelain!! I don't think I would ever get tired of the lollipop flowers either!!

Lisa F. Hebert said...

Great layout, Aphra. Aren't girl weekends the best.

Ashley said...

Aphra... beautiful lay-out. I love girlie lay-outs!!!

Renata Moni said...

What a beautiful page! Love it!