Monday, November 9, 2009

November So Sketchy

My first November sketch for So Sketchy is a double-pager. The original actually has room for four photos, but I altered it a bit since I didn't have four. You can see Allison's great sketch HERE. And here's my take on it.

Thankful For A Perfect Day: The weather has been so wonderful the past couple of weeks. Cool, breezy, sunny days. Yellow and red trees. Leaves dotting the lawns. Just perfect for relaxing outside. I took these photos of my parents in their backyard on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Even the cat was enjoying the weather.






Supplies: Cardstock: Paper Studio, Bazzill; Patterned Paper: SEI; Flowers: Prima; Stamp: Maya Road; Chipboard Alphas: Scenic Route; Bling, Fabric Tag: Little Yellow Bicycle; Ink: StazOn; Border Punch: Fiskars. Most available in Noel Mignon's November Kit, Mill Street.

This layout came together so easily despite all the layers and clustering. For one thing, the SEI paper is scrumptious and coordinates so well. The leaf paper is actually embossed, and the striped paper has foil. Mmm... Aren't the colors just perfect for fall?

I also really like how the stamped background turned out. I was inspired by several members of the Noel Mignon design team. They used brown ink to achieve a more tone-on-tone look. Thanks girls!

Don't forget to head over to the So Sketchy blog to get more info about this month's contest and to see the original sketch.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Great flower clusters Aphra love the dimension!

Michelle said...

Love the flower cluster and the flowers.. I was just looking at those Prima's at the store today. :) So pretty!!

Erin Bassett said...

Oh my word, I love how that flower came out!!! -Gorgeous!!