Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shin guards and cleats . . .

and kicking balls with your feet--that's what soccer is made of! Does that tune ring a bell? It's my version of the familiar rhyme, Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog's Tails--That's what little boys are made of. For November's challenge at Scrap the Boys, we were told to be inspired by that rhyme. Here's my take.

Soccer: Most of my soccer photos are pre-game pics since I don't have a telephoto lens. Hopefully, Santa will help me out with that a little, and my Spring season photos will have more action. But, in the meantime, I thought I'd scrap my guy warming up before the game. Literally. Do you see that hoodie? *laugh*






Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Die Cuts: Bo Bunny Soccer; Mist: Tattered Angels; Brads: The Paper Studio.

I just love how the big misted soccer ball turned out. I made a mask by cutting the soccer ball out of the corner of one of the pieces of paper. I had to use the exacto knife to get the centers out, but it was sure worth it in the end. I'll be eyeing all my papers in a new way to see if I can create a mask. The Glimmer Mist is so subtle and can be whatever color I want.

Be sure to pop over to Scrap the Boys to see the rest of the design team's layouts......pure eye candy! While you're there, check out this month's prize. YUM.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

girl i love your soccer ball, i have the sports cricut cartridge i'll have to cut one out like that and spraymist away! thanks for the great idea! i get tired of doing the same ole same ole sports pages! you rock!

Jamie Harder said...

Love how you did your title! TOO FUN!!

An Zeelmaekers said...

like the letters... beautiful LO

Kimberly said...

Terrific layout. Love the misting here!

Jodi said...

Such a fantastic layout! I love your misting technique. I think I may need to try it out. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas with us!