Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sniff, sniff . . .

Tonight is our last 2009 design team meeting at Treasured Memories. This year has flown by, and I'm terribly sad to see it end. I will miss this zany, talented, fun group of ladies. The challenges, not so much. Just kidding! Melissa has managed to push me "outside the box" each month, and I've learned a lot as a result.

This month's challenge was a little different. We were given four one-page sketches by Julie Bonner and told to pick one and stretch it to make a double-pagers. And we were given some Webster's Pages embellies: lace die cuts, fabric tag, and cameos. The rest was up to us. Here's what I concocted.

Summer Dreams: I am still scrapbooking pictures from our beach vacation last summer. LOVE the colors and the memories. Besides, they really worked with the Webster's Pages. I used a variety of their papers and the embellies from my DT bag. To create my title, I covered a chipboard word and some old chipboard letters with crackle paint, glitter, and msit.








Supplies: Cardstock: Paper Studio; Patterned Paper, Lace Die Cuts: Webster's Pages; Flowers, Cameo: Prima; Chipboard Word Summer: Lil Davis Designs; Chipboard Alphas: Heidi Swapp, American Crafts, Scenic Route; Glitter, Butterfly Punch: Martha Stewart; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels; Crackle Paint: Tim Holtz; Pearls: Kaiser Craft; Border Punch: Fiskars; Journal Tags: 7 Gypsies.

Thanks again, Janet and Melissa. This has been a fabulous year!

5 comments:

Diana said...

BEAUTIFUL layout!

Jamie Harder said...

So GORGEOUS!!! Love those music butterflies:-)

AmesOx said...

OMGoodness Aphra, this LO is beautiful! I absolutely love everything about it, seriously everything! I can't pick just one thing :-) Fabulous idea to stretch a sketch into a 2-pager as well!

Jessica said...

oooo la la this is gorgeous!!! seriously fantastic dps...tfs!

Lisa Andrews said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the butterfly and flower details.