Monday, December 21, 2009

Another great sketch from The Scrappiest

Liz designed the perfect sketch for your favorite holiday photo, complete with dangling ornaments and white space.



I know, hun? FANTASTIC! I really wanted to use it for some photos of my family decorating the tree, but for some reason this amateur photographer can't take pictures near the tree worth a poop. So, instead, I scrapped a festive picture of my toddler.

Merry & Bright: Doesn't he look merry? And with that red hair and those sparkly blue eyes, he is most definitely bright. Won't smile for the camera for nothing. Stinker.








Supplies: Patterned Paper, Alpha Stickers: Bo Bunny 'Tis the Season; Brads: Basic Grey; Label Stamps: Autumn Leaves; Baker's Twine: Martha Stewart; 1" Circle Punch: Fiskars; Lace Border Punch: Martha Stewart; Brown Fine Tip Pen: Creative Memories.

Ok, let me just go on record here and say my new favorite thing is BIG, BOLD, PAPER PIECED accents. Seriously, after I made those poinsettias, I felt done with the page. I had to make myself add a few other things.

Anyhoo, you still have time to enter the December challenge. Just complete your layout and link it up over at The Scrappiest. Can't wait to see what you create!

And be sure to come back in January. Liz has scored an amazing sponsor. I can't spoil her surprise by telling you, but it is BIG.

Just in case I don't post again this week, Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine. Hugs!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Aphra, those flowers are fabulous!!! and layout too ;-)

Jana Eubank said...

Your work always feels so happy! LOVE those flowers with the mixed brads in teh center! CUTE!

Susan said...

Those are some really awesome flowers, cute!! Merry Christmas!

wendy Reaux said...

Girl, I just love those poinsettias! Are ya'll coming to the New Years crop at TM...hope so!

Liz Chidester said...

Merry Christmas Aphra! -to you and your loved ones!

Melissa Fournet said...

Hey a,
well, those flowers --rock!! cute idea about that using lot's of brads in the middle--yes, will steal it!!

may your family have a blessed holiday--miss ya
m