Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

So, after seeing so many others' favorites of 2009, I decided to take myself a little stroll through my layout gallerty. Here are what I consider my best layouts of this past year. In alphabetical order.

2 Silly: I chose this layout for three reasons . . . circles, pinwheel, ruffle. Fun!



Best Friends: Um, pink and green, my best friend, crackle-painted chipboard butterflies, scalloped circle, Scenic Route, stick pins, stitching, book paper, pearls . . . yeah, that covers it.



Boys of Mine: This is my favorite double-pager. LOVED that piece of scalloped paper turned on its side, the fabric tag flowers, and the Smooch-painted grunge board.



Captain Underpants: These photos really demonstrate my toddler's personality. And who can resist October Afternoon and a "punny" title?



Colors of Fall: I loved that I FINALLY used the funky tree chipboard that I had in my stash for over a year. I also like the stitching and the brad clusters.



Face to the Sun: It was with this layout that I fell in LOVE with October Afternoon, clustering, and turquoise and yellow.



Flag Wavers: This is my FIRST time to use Glimmer Mist and spot color in a photo. Oh, and more October Afternoon.



Look Whooos Talking: I like all the whimiscial parts of this one. The tree. The clouds. The stick pin flowers. I also like that the entire page was pretty much stash.



Paper Boys: Mainly, I love this paper. Those owls are a hoot! Tee hee.



It was soooo much fun to look back at my gallery for the year. Thanks for indulging me! Thanks, too, for making my first year of blogging so much fun. I look forward to sharing another year with you. And I hope we all have a happy, healthy 2010!

Hugs!!!

17 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Love to see all of your favorites - and I can see why they are your fave....FABULOUS!!! Happy New Year!!

Susan said...

Love your favs. Mine is "Boys of Mine", but I do love the "2 Silly" one also! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE them all Aphra!! I really do follow your work... I realized that I recognized them all!! Thank you for the constant inspiration that you give me!! Plus, your two sons are just as cute as it gets! :)

Michelle Lanning said...

all of these are beautiful Aphra - I love looking at your work!

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE all of these, Aphra! I agree with Michelle! I love looking at your work!

Kat said...

these are fabulous!! i really love the flag wavers layout. i saw it on scrapbook.com first and totally fell in love with it! great, great work!!

Wendy Smith said...

what an awesome idea...love it

Stacey Michaud said...

really great work this year! I have so enjoyed seeing it each week! Have a happy New Year!

Kristine said...

what amazing layouts.. you are such an inspiration! Keep up the great work and thank you ... thank you for sharing your love of scrapbooking with us!

*Paula* said...

Oh wow! Your layouts are fabulous!! Beautiful work! Happy New Year!

Frances said...

Me too...I just love these! Love how you went way back into the year. I would have had some trouble with not choosing some of your recent layout...your fabulous girly!!

sarah said...

these are such GORGEOUS layouts! thanks so much for sharing your inspirational work!

hugs,
s.

Anabelle said...

Happy New year! I love all of these!!

Rebecca said...

Love all your layouts Aphra, but Captain Underpants totally cracks me up and the colors in Face to the Sun are knock out amazing. Happy New Year :)

ellen s. said...

wow those are amazing!

that captain underpants is a hoot

Heather Bares said...

love them all!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

caroline hancock said...

omg every layout i was like no this is my fave lol, all stunning