Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adornit Lapreal

Last month, I won myself a prize over at the Adornit blog. Those lovely ladies sent me the entire Lapreal line. Beautiful!!!

Loves the Bath: This little guy is sooo happy in the tub. He could spend hours in there if I'd let him. Shivering and wrinkling. This Christmas he got a new set of tub toys and it is even harder to lure him out of the bath now. One toy, in particular, is a purple octopus that he lovingly refers to as his "accident." He even requested that I take photos of him playing with it.







I am so proud of myself for finally fiddling with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder that I bought several months ago. All the fabulousness that Jana Eubank has been posting at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog has really inspired me to give it a try. So, to make my title, I first used my MM Slice Animal Crackers cartridge to cut out some 2 1/2" letters. Then, I ran those letters through the Sizzix with the embossing folder. To keep those cuties from blending in too much, I backed them with white. I was so thrilled with the result that I repeated the process to make the hearts.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon . . . I have another sneak to post!

8 comments:

julie said...

LOVE this Aphra - especially love the embossing - I saw Jana's work with the Cuttlebug embossing folders too & am so inspired to play with them again. I just got the Slice for Christmas after seeing the fabulous label shapes you had cut with it on a few layouts & now just need to play with both - the alphas look AWESOME!!

Michelle said...

I have a few cuttlebug embossing folders that I use with my very old sizzix. Did you see the new collar for the Slice to make it hands free?! I love your page!! I may have to hunt down this dot folder.. I really like it.

Marielle said...

This is gorgeous Aphra, You have inspired me to use PINK on one of my boy layouts !!!

Jessica said...

oh gosh Aphra that is just the sweeetest pg. ever...absolutely one of my all time favs...perfection! tfs and inspiring us all to dig out those cuttlebugs!

Jana Eubank said...

Aphra, this is GORGEOUS!!! I'm falling back in love with my Cuttlebug and I'm glad you are playing with it, too! :) The Swiss Dots folder is my favorite! I'm so happy to see that they are going to be coming out with more dots.

I absolutely LOVE that you can ROCK any colletion your fingers touch! Most people with boys would be apprehensive about such a girly collection . . . and you made it SING!!! Love all the hearts and goodies peeking out here and there!

Juliana said...

Love what you used such a girlie line to make such an adorable page for your little man! So amazing! Not to many can pull that off!
Love your Cuttlebug work! I too am constantly amazed at what Jana creates!

Susan Longman said...

gorgeous Aphra...will have to break out my cuttlebug :)

Melissa said...

Wow~ love everything about that layout! the colors, the title, and all details you add to your creations! You are amazing!