Monday, January 11, 2010

Doing a Little House Haunting



Goodness, isn't today's sketch over at The Scrappiest some kind of cute? I spent a good bit of time digging through my stash and my photos trying to find just the right pictures and embellies to do this sketch justice. And then it hit me, my big boy giving my little boy advice on the front porch of the first trick-or-treat house complemented by a big ole paper pieced haunted house.

First House




Everything on this layout except for the alphas and the Basic Grey chipboard came from my October Noel Mignon kit, The 31st. I have already scrapped at least three layouts from this kit and I'm still digging into it. Her kits are HUGE! I'll probably still be able to mix it into next year's layouts.

Well, if you get a chance to head on over to The Scrappiest, you won't be disappointed. There's a ton of inspiration from the rest of the design team AND a Studio Calico Home Front kit up for grabs.

Thanks for dropping in! Blog ya later.

13 comments:

Julie Bonner said...

This is so cute Aphra - fab page!!

Samantha said...

This layout is awesome Aphra! I love looking at all the gorgeous work on your blog and I've left a little blog award for you over at my blog :)

Jacey's Mom said...

Aphra I love it. Great details.

Lydia said...

So cute aphra, I love your house design. WICKED!!

Lisa F. Hebert said...

Hi Aphra,
Love the layout. Congrats on making the TM design team!

Lisa

Lan said...

Your house rocks!

Jennifer said...

This is so amazing!! That house is great! I love the shingles on the roof!! WOW!! The pics are priceless!! What a moment to capture! :)

Susan said...

Love this one Aphra! The pieced house is fab and I absolutly love the pics!

Jessica said...

gorgeous Aphra..love those houses!

mustangkayla said...

Great sketch and ADORABLE layout! I just used one of your sketches this week! I used it for my Cosmo Cricket Challenge layout at scrapbook.com.

Frances said...

I just adore that haunted house...I am soooo participating!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Aphra.... you did it again! This page is awesome and the pictures are sooooo cute! Love it all

Lindsay said...

Fabulous Aphra! I love the scallops on the house and the big glittery alpha you used for the date! Such a fun page! :)