Monday, January 4, 2010

On the Home Front

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Studio Calico for sponsoring The Scrappiest this month. I received THIS in the mail. Talk about excited . . . I've never gotten one of their kits.

Holiday Tradition: For breakfast on Christmas morning, I make monkey bread for my eager kiddos. It's the one food that will tear them away from their stockings and gifts so that they can eat. And I think it's so pretty on the plate. Next year, I think I'll add red and green sprinkles.

Everything except the brads (Basic Grey Nook and Pantry), the puffy alphas (American Crafts Thickers), and the floss (DMC Embroidery) came in my kit. There's enough left for me to use with all three of my layouts this month at The Scrappiest, so you'll be seeing more throughout the month.

So how do you win your own kit? Simply use Liz's sketches to create your own LOs and link them up to Mr. Linky at the bottom of the sketch posts. She posts a new sketch HERE at the blog every Monday so check back each week and complete them all to improve your chances. You have all month long, so get scrappin'! The winner will be announced February 1st.

Blog ya later!

12 comments:

Wendy Hackney Baisden said...

Oh your page is so pretty ! It totally deserved to win ! Sweet kit !!!

Jana Eubank said...

Cute!!! I love the colors and the stitched border with the photocorner, etc. Mmmm! I can smell the Monkey Bread baking now! ;) YUM!

Jamie Harder said...

Lucky girl to play with such an awesome kit and you rocked it!! Fabulous paper layering and yummy stitching and speaking of yummy....I want some monkey bread!!

Lydia said...

Yeah what a great kit to work with!!! Love what you did with and I love the new header Aphra looks AWESOME!!!

~~Mia~~ said...

Great LO Aphra!! I just drew the sketch out and will work on it this week! :)
I received the homefront collection I ordered from 3SB today and man is it ever awesome!!!! I need MORE!! LOL

Ashley said...

Great LO's as always Aphra! I love the Studio Calico every single month... and many months I add an extra and then just stare at them when they arrive!

julie said...

Fabulous page Aphra - love this collection - it is waiting to be used in my scraproom as we speak :)

Jessica said...

fabulous pg. Aphra...my kids love monkey bread also!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

monkey bread sounds awesome right now. i'm hungry. lol..

Happy Twenty-10, sweetheart! *hugs*

euphoria said...

studio calico kits are fab!! lucky you!

Love your sweet LOs too!

LG said...

You are truly one amazing scrapper Aphra. Your pages are always outstanding and this one is not an exception

ellen s. said...

oh is that gorgeous! i love it and i am in love with your blog...amaZing projects