Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seasons Change

This month at 3 Scrappy Boys, I got the December Add-On Kit, full of Crate Paper Seasons, Hambly, Prima, Kaiser Craft and Bella Boulevard goodness. The fun, funky colors of the Crate Paper Seasons line reminded me of growing up in the 70s. I had a good time!

Wintery Home

Here's my home all dusted with snow, the first time since I was eight that we've had such a snow. Beautiful! I used some of my favorite items from the kit on this layout....the Maya Road envelope, the Making Memories copper butterfly and dragonfly, and the fabric. Ooooooo, that fabric is divine! And doesn't it make a lovely flower? I'll be posting a tutorial at 3SB on Monday. Please come!


Lil Mouth


Ooooo.....just love those squishy lips. And they look that way a lot because this little fellow never stops talking. He's a very happy boy. For this one, I used the Hambly overlay on top of a piece of kraft cardstock. To cover up the adhesive spots, I added some flowers cut from the "Summer" sheet. Each flower is also decorated a bit with brads. The little "Hi" word bubble is from the rub-on sheet, and the yellow scalloped border under the photo was traced from a Prima package. The Sassafras Lass woodgrain alpha stickers were from my stash.

A New Love


My nine-year-old is in LOVE with our mini daschsund. I love the middle photo where you can just see the adoration on his face. The "Love" paper was perfect for this layout. I added the Bella Boulevard fabric flower because the petals looked heart-shaped to me and it's just CA-ute! To add a little more dimension to the page, I cut out some more hearts and popped them up. The fabric, buttons, and alphas all came from my stash.

In 2010

This is my FIRST-ever layout that doesn't include a photo. In fact, I think I remember hearing myself I'd never do a layout without a photo. Never say never, right? I really wanted to document some of my family's resolutions this year, and I thought it would make a great title page for our family album. This layout was completely inspired by the "Rainbow" paper. Each resolution is added to the arc using a combination of Kaiser mini-alphas, Crate Paper rub-ons, and Bella Boulevard stamps. The clouds are also rub-ons, and the flowers at the bottom were cut from the "Spring" paper. I used up a good many of the Prima Eline pearls that came in my October kit.
"Girly" Gift Bag Tag


I used a Prima flower package and kit stash to create this fun bag tag for a friend who just had a baby girl. I love that the packaging already has a hole in it for attaching to the bag.

Oh, on a separate note, Melissa at Scrapz and Stuff has a great blog giveaway HERE. Let me just say.....Basic Grey!

Phew......that's all for today! Thanks for stopping by.

Blog ya later!

6 comments:

Kat said...

wow! i love everything that you have created! i just bought the crate paper "seasons" collection pack and am now very inspired by all that you've done... :o)

Jennifer said...

Wow, you have been busy!! Lovely LO's and I love the pics of your son and puppy!!

Melissa said...

Awesome LO's...gorgeous stuff!!!

Thanks for the shout out, I can stop crying ;)

Heather Bares said...

gorgeous!!!

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE how you worked this collection!!! The dimensional hearts are absolutely YUMMY! :)

LG said...

Hi there!

Just I just want to invite you to join me at My Scrapbook Nook Bloghop. We will be giving away 11 Nook Kits for 11 lucky bloghoppers! This will run from Jan 8 to 15. You can start here:

http://lifeaslou.blogsome.com/2010/01/09/my-scrapbook-nook-blog-hop/

Hope you can join me

HUGS
LG