Friday, January 8, 2010

Uh Oh...I'm in Trouble

I learned how to create sketches in Microsoft Word today, and oh my is it fun! With a little help from my friend Frances, I was able to create my sketch, convert it to jpeg, and then save it as an image. YIKES! I've already made four. I thought I would share one here.

I just loved that I was able to make the sketch in color and with pattern to distinguish between the elements. It's a happy sketch! Tee hee. Feel free to give it a whirl if you are so inspired.

GOOD NEWS!!! I was asked to design for a second year at my favorite local scrapbook store, Treasured Memories in Lafayette, LA. Janet has chosen this group of fun, fabulous group of ladies to be on the team this year.

Frances Sylvia
Liz Granger
Paula Arabie
Tanya Joseph
Carol Gatza
Franny Bobbit


Thanks, Janet, for allowing me to hang out with you guys and play with all that scrappy goodness for another year. LOVE ya'll!

Be back tomorrow with some layouts. Woo hoooo!!! Blog ya later!

21 comments:

caroline hancock said...

Wow i would to learn how to make sketches, see everyone else doing it and i want a go lol

Deb said...

Awesome sketch, and congrats on another term with your LSS!! WTG girl!

Suzy said...

Awesome sketch! And you made it in Word? Impressive!
~Suzy

mustangkayla said...

FABULOUS sketch! Can't wait to use it! Congrats on the DT!

Kristine said...

Great Sketch Aphra!
they are addicting ;-)

congrats on another term with lss

Susan said...

Congrats Aphra! i would love to learn how to make sketches in word. Look forward to seeing your work at TR MEMS!

Jana Eubank said...

AWESOME sketch!!! I can't wait to see more! :D :D :D

Stephanie said...

Love that sketch Aphra!!! I've already printed it and will give it a go this weekend :)

Julie Bonner said...

Fab sketch Aphra & congrats on your LSS DT!!!

Tami said...

Awesome sketch Aphra and congrats on the DT gig0its well deserved-ou always ROCK it girl

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow Aphra what a beautiful sketch.I`ll will use it tomorrow!!!
Congrats!
Luzma

Jennifer said...

Wow Aphra!!! Love your sketch and will be saving it in my sketch file!! Congrats on another year on the DT of your fav LSS!!

Tracy said...

WOW ... gorgeous sketch ...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me to create my DT Sketch like this ... I was going to submit a boring old hand-drawn one ... boo hoo ... HELP PLEASE ...

Love, Tracy G

Laurel said...

What a great sketch, I will be saving this one for sure!

Kristi B. said...

I LOVE the sketch Aphra! :)

Lydia said...

Great Sketch Aphra, I am sucker for sketches with 3 photos!

Helen said...

WOWSERS!! Great sketch Aphra! You rock girl!!

Michelle said...

Awesome sketch, Aphra! I love how it is in all different colors and patterns too!! I am definitely saving this one to try!! I will let you know when I finish mine. :) Congrats on your 2nd at Treasured Memories with Frances. You two will have a blast!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Dear Aphra this is the layout I created with your sketch http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/01/be-mine-forever.html
Luzma

Heather said...

I love to see that you are making sketches! Your layouts are always so beautifully arranged! Hope to see more in the future.

Heather

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

this is so cool! and this one is so pretty!!!!! You guys are so talented....

Beatriz