Monday, February 22, 2010

My 2 Reasons

Hi there Scrappers! Just wanted to share my first layout for Treasured Memories Design Team 2010. The requirements were as follows:

1. The layout must be about yourself.
2. The layout must contain an 8x10 or larger photo of yourself.
3. The layout must include a creative title that describes yourself.
4. The layout must be a two-page layout.

My Two Reasons: My layout includes a picture of me with my two sons, who give meaning to my life and are the main reason for my scrapbooking.

I cut my 8x10 photo into three strips to give a little more movement to my layout and to really bring the eye to the focal point of my photo. For this layout, I chose My Mind's Eye Ooo La La Girl paper. LOVE these bright, cheerful colors.

To create my title, I used my MM Slice and the Animal Crackers cartridge to cut out alphas and a large number. I spritzed the number with Tattered Angels Turquoise Glimmer Mist. And to make all those cute alphas stand out, I outlined them with my black Zig Writer.

The base butterflies on my layout are cut from a Hambly Transparency and topped with a Martha Stewart large butterfly punched from a sheet of the My Mind's Eye Ooo La La paper. I used some of the MME die cuts for their centers and to create this little cluster at the top. The cluster is anchored by a snippet of Prima packaging, the one that the blue paper flowers came in. And those book paper flowers? I made those myself. They are also spritzed with Glimmer Mist.

All of these products (except for the Martha Stewart butterfly punch) are available at Treasured Memories, my favorite scrapbook store, located in Lafayette, Louisiana. Be sure to head over to the store and see all the new products rolling in since CHA. See ya'll soon!

15 comments:

Teri said...

I loooooove the placement and style of your title! What a beautiful LO! :)

Jennifer said...

Love all the beautiful embellishments! So much creativity here with the hand made embellishments. Hey, I hang out at Treasured Memories all the time but, mine is in Edmonton, Canada. ;)

Jamie Harder said...

You've done it again girl...gorgeous!!

Christina said...

Fantastic!! Do you have a tutorial for the flower?

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Another beautiful creation! I love the flowers and the letters. Actually, I love everything! Great job!

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous Aphra!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always. Can you share with us how to make those flowers?

Melissa said...

Gorgeous, love the kraft background...and the stitching, wow!

Frances said...

Ok...this is my new, new favorite layout! Sooo sweet...I just can't get enough of those pics either. Great job Aphra Dee!

mustangkayla said...

Goodness Aphra! What an incredible layout! Yowza...you just overflow with talent! That challenge would have completely intimidated me and you ROCKED it!

Melinda Spinks said...

Stunning layout Aphra!
Treasured Memories have sure picked a very creative lady to be on their team.
Well done!

Keri said...

This is SUCH a great 2-pager, Aphra! I especially love the idea of cutting the large photo into 3rd, and LOVE the top cluster of handmade flower/butterflies, etc...gorgeous!

mustangkayla said...

Aphra, I just went to visit your store and noticed the 'I'm down to stock the store'....I got all excited thinking tomorrow was the first! heeeheee!! Guess I'll have to wait a few additional days. I can't wait!

Juliana said...

I love everything about this LO Aphra! It is simply amazing!!!

prashant said...

! What a beautiful
1001 how 2