Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scraplifted and Ca-UTE!

The other day Jana Eubank posted an altered bead sorter turned chocolate survival kit HERE and I just knew I was going to scraplift it. Especially since I had just tossed out (put in the attic just in case) some small plastic organizers that didn't quite work in my scrap cabinet. I sent my hubby right on up there to get them, and I created these.







Each box measures 5" x 7", is filled with about $2.00 worth of candy, and is covered with products from my stash. As you can see, I am STILL playing with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder. LOVE it!!! And the word "enjoy" was cut using my MM Slice Basics 1 cartridge. Every Slice cartridge has words or expressions, but this is the first time I've used that and I WILL be doing that again. The rest of the title was created with Making Memories Tiny Alphas.

The flowers were cut from a piece of Cloud9Design sparkle cardstock and embellished with pearl and bling brads. The hearts were cut from book paper using my ProvoCraft concentric hearts die. From the same book paper, I punched out a little butterfly using my favorite Martha Stewart punch. To top it off, I added a little bling, some baker's twine, and a doodled butterfly trail.

Thanks for stopping by! Now, go scraplift something fantastic that you've seen today.

19 comments:

Michelle said...

I have a floss box..just like that one.. full of floss!! (my x-stitching days that got the boot when I started scrapbooking). I also have the big boxes Jana used, but I think my floss in there still needs that home. :) I am definitely going to empty my little one tho and lift this!! Love all of your embellies. I think you have such a knack for accessorizing your LO's/projects. They always look so great!

Frances said...

Those are adorable Aphra...the boys are going to love it! Love how you used all of those tools...I am soooo impressed!

Leigh said...

That is a really cute idea! And I just put two containers in the garage sale pile yesterday! REALLY!!!

Glynis said...

Love your take on Jana's project! Such a cute idea, I don't have any appropriate boxes so it's off to the hardware store as this one's too cute to pass up :O)

mustangkayla said...

I really want to make one of those this year! I think they are so cute! Yours look fantastic!

Lan said...

Very cute! I saw the original on jana's blog and your's turned out just as adorable! I love that font you used, too bad I don't have a slice :(

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOVE it, Aphra!!! I always feel so flattered when you add your own twist to something I've done . . . problem is, I always like yours 10 times better than mine! ;)

And you make me feel loved . . . atleast I know I have one blog-reader out there. LOL! Thanks, friend! These are adorable! I LOVE the smaller size, too!

Colleen said...

OK, I knew I wanted to lift this when I saw Jana's and now I really know I need to after seeing yours as well! I'm thinking a little teacher thank you!

Greta Adams said...

i finished one last night too...i hafta put the finishing touches on it and i will take a pic and post...i LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did...

Nathalie said...

Loved Jana's version and I LOVE yours too!!! And I even realized that I have a few of those small sorting boxes too! :)

Sherry said...

adorable! what a great little valentine's treat!

Juliana said...

Totally love your version of this!

Jessica said...

I saw that post of Jana's also...I am going to be making some chocolate boxes with the nieces this weekend..too cute!

Teresa Loop said...

Oh those are so. dang. cute. I'm combing thru the dollar section looking for some littler boxes like you used. My kids are getting these for Valentine's day now too! =)

euphoria said...

So stinkin AWESOME!! I'm gotta do this for sure! They are so pretty!!

mel said...

I am going to scraplift this for a girly weekend away at the end of the month :) Loved Jana's and love yours - hope mine will be as well recieved - lovin your stuff Aphra - just gorgeous
Melxx

stephanie said...

What an amazing idea. Love them.

Cari said...

Oh that's totally adorable!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE these!! I used your idea and made my own. Mine are NOT as cute as these, but check them out if you want! Thank you!!