Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow My Goodness!

Twice in 2010 my house has looked like this.




Unbelievable considering that I can count on one hand the number of times it has snowed in Louisiana in my lifetime.




Aren't we a motley bunch? We are not prepared for this type of weather. My toddler is wearing socks on his hands. And I have no hat to speak of. And the three layers of pants that I'm wearing really don't do much for my hips. Regardless, I love this picture of us. Maybe with a little editing I could use it for next year's Christmas card.

Today's a big, slusy mess, so we're staying inside with a nice roaring fire and some warm beef stew. YUM! Hope you are warm and dry where you are.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Weather is nuts this year. Glad you are so upbeat regarding the snow. Here in Ohio we're not as appreciative.

Debbie
jmeyer1@woh.rr.com

Marielle said...

I live in Atlantic Canada and we have had little snow this year !!! I'm sure your boys will have fun playing in it!!

Melissa said...

Craziness...no snow here this year...I guess it wandered south(like I wish I could lol)

mustangkayla said...

How fun! Great picture! I love the camo! About the three pairs of pants...that is me out camping all the time! I have what I call my fat pants, then two pairs of pants that used to by my hubbies that I put on! heehee!

Juliana said...

You all look adorable! And what a crazy winter this has been for everyone! Hope you all were able to get out in it a have some fun!

Teri said...

What a great photo! :)

Tracy said...

Yup - the weather is kind of weird this year - even here in South Africa ... like crazy HOT - and it took so long to get here ... strange stuff going on for sure ...

Love this photo - don't edit it much for your Christmas Cards - it's gorgeous ...

And I love your house - looks dreamy in the snow ...

Love, Tracy G

Heather Bares said...

craziness isn't it????