Monday, April 19, 2010

Black, White, and Red All Over

Have you seen the new wedding line "To Love and Cherish" by Imaginsce? Black and white, florals, very sophisticated and classy? No. Ok, take a little look.

As soon as I saw this line, I was excited that I would be scrapping more layouts for my wedding album that I started about two years ago. It's all in black, white, and shades of pink. And all the layouts are double pagers. This line is perfect!

This layout includes pictures of my husband and I during our money dance, a Southern tradition of pinning money on the bride and groom to send them off with some fun money for their honeymoon. And time to spend with each family member and friend that attends the wedding.

Can I Have This Dance?




To create the black flower centers, I used the Snag 'Em Floral Stamp with white ink on black paper. This flower stamp is a must have. It stamps so easily and is just the right size.





For my next project, I created a mini album for my friend's daughter who is getting married in October. Her colors are black and white with touches of red. Perfect for this line.

Together Forever Mini Album

You probably can't tell from this photo, but the flower center is an i-Top brad covered in gross grain ribbon. The texture is fabulous! The title is a rub-on added to red paper. And I used a new Fiskars border punch for the red paper strip. I just LOVE it!



The journal spot was made with one of the punches. Isn't the size and shape just great for a mini? I added a red die cut heart and the word "love" cut with my MM Slice Wedding cartridge to the center of my layered flower. Easy and quick!


My favorite part of this page is the big red gross grain bow. This is the same ribbon I used to cover the brad on the cover. It really makes a statement. The rest of the page is adorned with rub-ons, bling, and Michael's alphas.



Another MM Slice Wedding cartridge die cut, a fussy cut flower, another ribbon topped brad, and a rub-on sentiment with bling accents.



The tag was created with a rub-on on red paper that I cut out and then added another rub-on to. For the red flowers, I used the Snag 'Em stamp on red paper in black ink with large rhinestone centers.

I've got one more layout for today. This one features my husband and I at a Mardi Gras ball on Valentine's Day 2009.


My Formal Valentine

All those fun flowers were cut from one sheet of patterend paper and then layered with stamped flowers. The centers include i-Top brads created with embossed Core'dinations cardstock. (Love that dotted swiss Cuttlebug folder!) The white scalloped border is actually a row of tags that I made with the Snag 'Em Journal Stamp. That is one versatile stamp!

That's enough for today! I'll share more projects with this line later in the month. In the meantime, be sure to stop by Imaginisce's blog this week. Lori will be posting design team projects exclusively with this line. And you are sure to be inspired! Not to mention there are giveaways. And those are always terrific!

12 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

Great projects ! The book is fabulous!

mustangkayla said...

What an incredible mini! I just love it! Pretty layouts too!

Juliana said...

These are all really great projects Aphra!!!

Jamie Harder said...

Very sophisticated indeed, and it looks amazing with the pops of pink or red on your projects!! Fabulous work!!!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, Aphra!! Everything is just beautiful!! Love the color combo!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra, just adore your 'formal' layout with the red, it is just so stunning! Fabulous projects, you are obviously having as much fun as I am with these gorgeous products!

Liz said...

Such gorgeous projects - every one of them. Love your mini - makes a perfect gift and all of your flowers are just to die for. Awesome work Aphra.

Frances said...

That is the sweetest little mini Aphra...just perfect for its purpose! The layouts are just great too. I am loving all of the details...stamping, I-top brads, and hand made flowers...LOVE IT!!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Beautiful page and book! Somehow I missed this.... I am glad I stopped by. I love your work, it is so pretty ALL THE TIME! Happy "almost Wednesday"!!!

Heather Bares said...

beautiful projects!!! Love that mini album

sarah said...

aphra, you are so inspiring! i love what you did with TLC! i can't wait to see what you do with the next imaginisce line... hehe

hugs,
sarah.

Melawi said...

Wow !! You did wonderful projects !! Love the way you combined To Love & To cherish papers with romantic colors and lo.