Monday, April 12, 2010

Feeling Stampendous!

Ok, show of hands. How many of you have a drawer full of stamps that you rarely use? Me too! Well, I've decided that I am going to make use of them, especially since I am including them in my Paper Poppy Kit Co. kits. Here's the Prima stamp that comes in the April kit.

Not only does this stamp have a book paper pattern (I LOVE book paper!) but it is called Piano Forte, a music term, which fits in perfectly with the music theme of the April kit. To demonstrate how to use the stamp, I created a couple of cards.

Hi Card

For my butterflies, I stamped my image in black ink several times on some ivory scrap paper. Then I punched out several butterflies in different sizes. By stamping first, I was able to center the butterfly over the part of the image I liked. I love how neutral the butterflies are.

Thank U Card

For this project, I used pretty much the same technique as the butterflies on the first card. But this time, I punched out circles. Oh, and do you see those butterflies? Punched from the packaging of the Melody Ross layered chipboard flowers that come in the April Project Kit.

Hope you'll dig out your stamps and give them a try! And when you do, be sure to share your creations, so I can learn some new techniques.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Ohhh I love that stamp! I can't wait for my kit to come! :) Gorgeous cards, Aphra!

Diana said...

what a beautiful stamp! Great idea--I think sometimes I forget that I can alter things so simply-thanks for the reminder!

Melissa said...

Lovin the stamp, Aphra, and especially lovin' what you did with it. Great ideas!

Heather Bares said...

love the cards and what a great technique for the gazillion set of stamps that I have, lol