Friday, April 2, 2010

Paper Poppy April Reveal

Hi there scrappers! Today is my reveal for Paper Poppy's April kit and I am soooo excited to share with you all the fun things that I was able to do with all the amazing products that come in the kit.

Sweet Child of Mine





I think this one might be my favorite, which is odd considering it's a boy layout with sophisticated pink and purple floral paper. But I think it works. I decided to use a lot of "white" space to give that busy paper room to breathe. And then to keep the layout from being too serious, I added music paper covered flowers, stacked buttons, and some CA-UTE glittery stickers from Basic Grey. But my favorite part of the layout might just be the layers of punched green paper. How fun is that? Ruffles on a boy layout, too. *GASP* I know. It'll be ok.


Bad Hatitude







If you stick around here long enough, one thing you'll notice about my layouts is that I am in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. And I don't know about you, but that houndstooth just HAD to be punched. Speaking of houndstoooth, see those green flowers? Packaging. Yep, packaging. Who knew? I'll give a little tutorial on that later in the month. And did you see those orange alphas? Elmer's paint pen. One coat. Gotta love that!

This layout is also my sketch layout based on the April 1st sketch over at Stuck? Sketches! Be sure to go check them out. I'm one of their sponsors this month, and I must say, there are some great prizes up for grabs.
Queen for a Day





Ok, take a second to quit laughing at that crown all cock-eyed on my head. Oh, and stop chuckling over me with my Ta-Da hands and white sash like I've just won the Miss America pageant. That's just a Louisiana girl's way of celebrating Mardi Gras. A serious first for me. Had to be documented.

Anyhoo, I just love the way that hot pink and lime green paper pops off the black cardstock. And then to top it off, the kit came with black/white houndstooth paper and fabric and black/white gross grain ribbon. I chopped the ribbon all up to make my flowers. I love the way they turned out. If anyone's interested, I'll do a tutorial on that later in the month, too! Oh, and the hot pink letters. Another Elmer's paint pen. Two coats, though. Boo.

Brotherly Love





For this last layout, I wanted to try a soft, shabby layout with lots of layers. But then I couldn't take it and threw in a bunch of pops of black for contrast. So all in all the layout is a little different than my normal bright, whimsical self.

Anyhoo, hope you can find some inspiration in there somewhere. The floral swirls were cut from a piece of the Pink Paislee paper. I "painted" the flowers with Cotton Candy Stickles and then accented them with tied buttons. I punched two butterflies from clear packaging and embossed them with my Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss folder and chalked them a little.

Phew, that was a long one, hun? Thanks for sticking around to the end. I just LOVED creating with this kit. And if you haven't gotten one yet, hurry on over to the store HERE and grab one up because we have some fun stuff lined up for this month. Challenges, contests, tutorials, and more! You will not want to be left out.

Frances will reveal all of her amazing projects tomorrow at the Paper Poppy Blog HERE. Be sure to go check her out!

14 comments:

Cin Cin said...

OMWord! You have been BUSY!! Eash page just gets more and MORE awesome! TY for the inspo, My friend! WOW!

Laurel said...

Wow, these are awesome!

Erica912 said...

Everything is SO gorgeous!!

Melissa said...

Wow, you've really outdone yourself this time Miss Aphra...amazing amazing work.

Teri said...

Aphra, gorgeous as usual! I love the layering of embellishments. I think I'm going to take a page from your book and try to do more of that in my next LOs! Also - LOVE the DYMO journaling!! I am so excited for my new kit to arrive! Speaking of which, it's Good Friday, I'm not at school, and I'm not in my craft room. What's the matter with me?? Off I go! :) Happy Easter to you and your family!

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!! You have amazing talent!! Just had to say I love your pics!!! The one of your youngest is an all too familiar sight over here with my 3 yr old!! LOL How fun to be on the float.. fun pics!!! Happy Easter!

mustangkayla said...

Wowza....if those aren't INCREDIBLE layouts! Fabulous details and embellies and designs! Girl, YOU ROCK!

Diana said...

as ALWAYS these pages are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! :)

Glynis said...

These pages are stunning!! I love checking out your latest and greatest as you always create fabulous eyecandy for me to enjoy. Lovin the look of that April kit :O)

Laina Lamb said...

Love all your pages!

DebL said...

Love you LOs - and especially how you made the soft, shabby one work with boy pics!!!!

Juliana said...

Absolutely fabulous work Aphra! I love all the fun details and the flowers you made from the black ribbon! Ingenious!!!

Kat said...

fabulous layouts! they are all so beautiful...and i love the layout with the mardi gras float...i got to ride on a mardi gras float one year and it was awesome...so i can understand your excitement :)

Suzanne said...

I am tired!!! LoL LOve your projects! They are fabulous! I love the ruffles on the boy page. My son does not like ribbon or flowers on his pages. I have to add them when he is not looking! Details are awesome!