Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rolled paper flowers and butterflies with wings . . .

these are two of my favorite things! You will see them on LOTS of my projects these days. Such as this one I did of my sweet fellow baking cookies with dad on Valentine's Day. Can you see the teeny tiny pink and white chocolate chips on the cookies? Yeah, that was my excuse to use pink on this one. LOL!

Made With Love






I have been trying to force myself to loosen up a little. Try new scrappy products and techniques. So for today's outside of the box idea, I masked some hearts using red Glimmer Mist. Then, I stitched around them to give them a nice crisp edge. I really like the effect, but it sure took a long time.

The paper is from Pink Paislee's Cupid Collection. YUM! I love the soft colors and mix of patterns. The blue and brown made it feel not quite so girly. And the various patterns were fun for the rolled flowers. Looking back at the layout, I wish I would have made those flowers even bigger. I get a little stingy when I really love the paper. What the heck am I saving it for?

And last but certainly not least, I added some more punched kraft butterflies. I can never have too many of those. The punch is Martha Stewart's extra large butterfly. You really deserve to have one of those if you don't already.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to dig into my ginormous box of new Imaginisce goodies. All I can say is wedding photos, black and white paper, and Core'dinations cardstock. Eeek!!! It's gonna be fun!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I just HAD to go out and buy that extra large butterfly punch!!! Having the ones in March's kit made me want more!! LOL And, did you know that is the first and only sheet of kraft paper I have ever had?? Ah, I think a trip to the scrap store tomorrow is in order!! I need me some more!!!

Love your flowers and hearts! I say go ahead and use the pink!! :) I need to try those! And, I, too, am a paper hoarder and save it for who knows what! LOL

Teri said...

This is just gorgeous, Aphra! You can tell that you put in a tonne of effort and time - and it really paid off in dividends! I just love it! :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Aphra, this is just beautiful! You have so many great things to look at... love the stitching, the paints, everything is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! Happy Wednesday!

Lydia said...

Beautiful Aphra I love the resist!!

Jennifer said...

This is amazing, Aphra!! I love the masking/stitching effect!! These papers were totally amazing and I can understand using them wisely. I really need to try one of those rolled flowers. So much dimension!! I love the photo of your little one holding the pan and looking into the camera. He looks soooo proud! What a sweetie! I think he is almost smiling for you!! :)

Frances said...

This is such a sweet layout! And I barely see the speck of pink, but whatever girl...it is just perfect. LOVE the rolled flowers, the masking, and the sweet pics!

Katie said...

Love those rolled flowers. Precious layout!

mustangkayla said...

Love the masking, it looks too cool! Love the flowers too! Fantastic layout! Have fun with your imaginisce goodies!

Heather Bares said...

GORGEOUS! That Pink Paislee line is one of my all time favorites lines ever!