Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Creative Scrappers and Some June Bug

Sketch #103 was posted at Creative Scrappers on Sunday. And I just LOVED it! And why not? It was my sketch. Tee hee!


I am sooooooo beyond thrilled to have my sketches over at Kristine's amazing site and to see all the talented designers have a go with my sketch. In fact, I was so inspired by their interpretations that I decided that I wanted to create a layout myself.

Dipping Eggs: My two sons had such a great time dying Easter eggs. They actually sat still, were patient, shared (*gasp* I know...gotta record that!), and even smiled for the camera. Gold star day, ladies!

I got to dig into my stash to complete this layout, and gosh that was fun! I pulled out my Basic Grey June Bug. Love that vibrant palette and all the amazing chipboard pieces. The title, though, is all American Crafts Thickers. The tiny navy letters were white and I used my chalk (LOTS of chalk) to color them navy. Caution....let them dry a LONG time. LOL!

I learned a great little trick from my friend Frances. She outlines and backs just about everything that goes on her layout. That's why all her embellishments just pop off the page. Beautiful! I backed all the chipboard pieces with navy cardstock. Without it, they just didn't really show up. But now, I think they make such a grand statement.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back soon with some Paper Poppy sneaks.

7 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE your sketch, Aphra! Can't wait to try this one!

Kathy Martin said...

I should try this sketch! I REALLY need to make a page...been too long! :)

Frances said...

Wowee Aphra!! L-O-V-E the sketch and the layout. And boy you are right...this layout is so bright and fun! Just perfect with those pics of those little darlings. And stop it, you know they always sit still and share. LOL!

Nicole Nowosad said...

I love this sketch.. and your page is SUPER!!

mustangkayla said...

Oh, what a great take on the sketch! I LOVE the bold colors and thanks for the fab tip of backing everything...I must try that!

Jennifer said...

I loved your sketch and used it on Sunday! Love your take with one of my all time faves, June Bug! I love the idea of backing the embellishments!! :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful sketch and a bright and eye catching layout!