Friday, May 7, 2010

Imaginisce's Splash Dance

Imaginisce's newest line Splash Dance is one of my favorite releases yet. The soft beach colors and cute ocean critters are such fun. I still haven't finished scrapping all my vacation pictures from last year, so I was happy to get to pull out some more of those lovelies.

Catchin Waves: My oldest son bought a $2.00 inflatable ring with handles and rode waves on it for hours each day. He loved every minute of it. Pure joy on his face. I took about fifty photos of just that one event and these are the best of the bunch. I love the water splashing against the floatie and the cool sun shades.





I decided that I wanted to make a large paper piecing (or two) for this layout, so I used the coral colored paper to create a starfish. To imitate its little suckers, I added some coral bling. (Can you tell that I can't WAIT to get my hands on the i-Rock tool?) To give the page a little movement, I added some sea weed and cute puffy sticker fish. And I was super excited to get to finally use the Me and My Big Ideas glittered alphas that I got at Michael's about two years ago. Don't they match perfectly? Love it when my stash comes in handy.

Splash Pad: My husband took my kids to the splash pad in our local city park. He knew that I wouldn't want to miss the chance to scrapbook such a fun time, so he took about 75 photos for me. I was most fascinated by these three pictures of the water tower.





My water splashes were cut from a sheet of Gemstone Core'dinations blue cardstock that I embossed with my Cuttlebug bubbles folder.

Best Fishes Birthday Card: My sweet little red-headed baby boy turns three today, so I made him a silly little card that he will love.

As soon as I saw the paper with the multi-colored scallops on it, I thought of fish scales and knew I'd be making myself a big ole paper-pieced fish. If you look closely, you can see each of the scales popped up a little. The little rocks at the bottom of the tank were punched from some of the Core-dinations cardstock that we got this month. Isn't that whitewash texture fabulous?

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with my Treasured Memories layout and later this month with more Splash Dance. Hope to see you then!

16 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Great H2O pages and card! LOVE them! :)

Laurel said...

Wow, you are amazing, these are fabulous!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Love them all. The colors are beautiful! These pages are adorable. Happy Friday!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Aphra!! Those are the cutest LO ever!!! How fun!!! I love the colors and the embellies!! Yes, those letters are perfect!! (What a cool park!! Wish we had something like that up here!!) I love Imaginisce's lines, but this has to be the cutest!

A big Happy Birthday to your little guy!!!

Diana said...

SERIOUSLY love all these creations--way to work your magic with all this lovely product!

mustangkayla said...

What fun and ADORABLE layouts! Seriously...your are so stinkin' talented! LOVE your work!

Cheryl Kosakura said...

What a fun layout and a super cute card! Love them both!
-Cher

Jennifer said...

Aphra, these LO's and the card are totally amazing!!! The line of paper is so perfect for these wonderful photos!! I love how those glittery letters matched so well and these LO's have such a fun feeling to them. The fishy card is too cute and Happy Birthday to little Ethan!!! :)

Lydia said...

This is so fabulous, love it Aphra. I can't wait to get my hands on this line. Fabulous!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra... OMGoodness, that fishy card is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! Love the layout too but the card is amazing!
Melinda x

Colleen said...

Love all of this and your projects do such a great job of selling it! I'll be looking for this...

Melanie Stanczyk said...

These are so cool!

I just realized today not only do you design for Paper-Poppy---you own it! I had no idea. Congrat's on the new adventure! Looking forward to seeing future kits.

goshery said...

Super cute! Love the sparkly letters!

sarah said...

you rocked splash dance!!! :)

i esp love that card. too cute!

hugs,
sarah.

Jana Eubank said...

You ROCK every single thing you touch, Aphra! LOOOOVE these!

Vanessa said...

Wow...these are all so vibrant!!!