Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Paper Poppy Reveal

Wooo hooo! So glad this day has finally arrived. The day I get to share my May Paper Poppy layouts. I have been just dying to share them with you. Why? Because this kit was so much fun to scrapbook. All of my layouts just came together like butter....smooth. Here, see for yourself.


Under His Wing (Sketch Layout)








Love the colors in the papers by GCD. They really pop against that Scenic Route grid paper, too. At first I wasn't sure about the strips at the top of the layout, but I really like how the ribbon came out. Just goes to show ya that sometimes ya gotta step out of that scrappy box. Thanks, Julie! One thing I wasn't at all worried about was the Tim Holtz crackle paint. LOVE that stuff.
3 At Three












For this one, I decided to just let go and mix it all up. Usually, I go for a really tight color palette, but I pushed myself on this one and I LOVE the result. Aside from mixing up the papers, it's a pretty simple layout.
At Almost 40 (Stamp Challenge)





In case you can't tell, that is me posing with my very first shipment of goodies for the kit company. My husband thought it was important to document the moment. Upon reflection, I think he was right. Opening this business represents a turning point in my life . . . of leaving the teaching profession to be a stay-at-home mom, of throwing caution to the wind and pursuing my passion, of not thinking too much. And all of this in the year that I turn 40.
2 Scoops








More altered alphas. I dry brushed the Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alphas with a little light blue paint. Such a subtle but fabulous effect. Actually, another simple layout. Just lots of layering, especially with cardstock to make the Jillibean Soup Stickers pop.
Be sure to grab one of these kits soon. They are selling FAST! And stay tuned because Frances and Liz will be revealing their layouts tomorrow and Friday. You are in for a real treat!

12 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Awesome layouts!

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Gorgeous kit... I wonder where you got it!!!! (ha, ha, ha). Beautiful pages.... love your butterflies!I am going to name you "THE QUEEN OF EMBELLISHING", you are truly amazing! Happy Wednesday!

Michelle said...

These really are great, Aphra!! I love the one where you just went for it!! I like your take on Julie's sketch.. I just love them all!! I agree, you are the queen of embellishing.

Nicole Nowosad said...

Wow Aphra! I love them all!!! That kit is smokinG!

Congrats again on Creative Scrappers! :)

mustangkayla said...

Fabulous layouts chica! That kit looks fantastic! I am loving those butterflies and how you placed your embellies and layered! Love it all!

Jamie Harder said...

LOVE them all Aphra...what a GREAT dose of inspiration!!!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous LO's...awesome inspiration!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

All these pages are amazing! Love all the designs and the products used! :)

Teri said...

These are gorgeous, Aphra! Love the alphas and the butterflies! I cannot wait for my kit to arrive! :)

Cris said...

Gorgeous Layouts - I love this kit!!!

Laurel said...

Oh gorgeous layouts!

Suzanne said...

I do not know which one is my favorite!!!! Not that I have to pick one! LOL Absolutely fabulous all the way around!