Friday, May 14, 2010

Mixing Up Some My Little Shoebox

I love My Little Shoebox. Fun colors, whimsical patterns, large die cuts, scalloped circles, tons of embellishments, big and small alphas. Gosh, what is NOT to love? Here's a layout that I made with a mix of their lines. Fun!

Just Singing in the Swing: My little guy loves his backyard swing. He is content to just sit there and talk and sing to himself and enjoy our little slice of nature.








The background is Sky's the Limit "Follow the Cloud." I cut out some of the clouds, adorned them with a tied button, and popped them up as embellishments. LOVE them! The paper strips were cut straight from two sheets of paper, "Love Birds" and "Get the Camera."

The sun was cut from Enjoy Life "Slow Motion." I chalked the edges and outlined it to make it really pop. The tree, bird, and birdhouse are die cuts from the Whooooo Loves You? line. Don't you love those oversized die cuts? To give them a little dimension, I added some buttons and brads.

Since I didn't have any fabulous My Little Shoebox chipboard alphas (*sniff*sniff*), I added the next best thing--some American Crafts Thickers chipboard alphas in mustard.

Thanks for stopping by today! I have all kinds of scrappy stuff up my sleeve to share in the next couple of weeks . . . Treasured Memories May Layout, more My Little Shoebox, and Paper Poppy sneaks. Hope to see you soon!

12 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

So cute, I hope you tried out for the MLS DT call-you rock their products!

If you didn't, you should email you layout to Helen, she loves seeing her products used! Here's her email: helen@mylittleshoebox.com, you can tell her I sent you over!

Have a great day!

Kathy Martin said...

This page is absolutely darling and it reminds me of my son when he was little. He had this tot swing that he could push a button and music would play. We would sing the words to the song as we pushed him. :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

This is so beautiful! Love the pictures of your baby, he is so cute! I want to be a grandma soooo bad!!!!!

mustangkayla said...

Oh my word Aphra...this is ADORABLE! I totally want to scraplift it! I'm into the whimsical feel lately too, its so much fun! The sun is fantastic! Love everything about this layout!

Jennifer said...

Aww, this is just so cute!! Love everything about it and such sweet photos. Doesn't get much better than swinging and singing!!! :)

Nicole Nowosad said...

I love htis page! I wish I could find some out my way.. :)

Amy Muffoletto said...

Oh cutest little red head I have ever seen. Great page Aphra. I always find such wonderful eye candy when I visit your blog. Wonderful inspiration. Hugs,Amy

Jamie Harder said...

What a fun page Aphra!! LOVE it!! Hope you are applying for their DT - you'd be a PERFECT fit:-)

Melinda Spinks said...

Perfect!
Love it to pieces!
Melinda x

Suzanne said...

This is just adorable!!! I love all the details! Hugs

Liz said...

Oh my Aphra! This is super cute and I love how you used the My Little Shoebox - it's perfect and your little guy is such a cutie. I want to come swing at your house :)

jenben said...

This is too cute! great layout, love everything about it! your work is fantastic!