Sunday, May 23, 2010

Treasured Memories May Layout

Unfortunately, my scrappy stars did not align this month, so I am not able to attend the Treasured Memories May meeting. *sniff* *sniff* My layout has been ready to go for a week, and I soooooooo wanted to share it. Well, since I can't take the layout to Lafayette, how about I post it here?



As you can see, Janet gave me some wonderful paper this month! Green at Heart by Basic Grey. LOVE it! In addition to the paper, I got the coordinating sticker sheet, a strip of Prima Bloomers, a Pink Paislee Artisan Element frame, and some Bo Bunny brads. Loved it all!



For my Pink Paislee artisan frame, I doused it with Ranger Ink's Alcohol Ink. It just soaked it up and turned into a deep copper color. So rich. I made those flowers: one from punched scallops layered on top of each other and the other from punched circles attached to the back of a button.





Two more of my handmade flowers clustered together with some of the coordinating stickers. How cute are those little critters? I also added in some Pink Paislee Bella brads that I had left over from another project. Janet has those in the store, too.





I used my Making Memories Slice Animal Crackers cartridge to cut this butterfly. I used one of the coordinating Basic Grey sticker stackers for its center. And then I used about half a tin of Bo Bunny brads for its trail



Some journaling strips and another sticker stacker finish it off. Oh, and all the large circles are backed with green cardstock that I scalloped with my good ole Fiskars scissors. Not easy, I tell ya. But all my messups are covered by pictures and clusters. LOL!

Hope all those Treasured Memories girls had a great meeting! And I can't wait to see all their fabulous layouts (hint! hint!). Mine is going to be all boxed up and sent off to the store this week, so Janet can put it on the wall.

And if you haven't signed up for the Treasured Memories Rayne Forest crop, Janet still has a few spots left. You can find all the details as well as online sign-up HERE. See you there!

13 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Seriously cute page! Great design and details...love the colorful papers and accents! :)

Jamie Harder said...

So fun and colorful!! FABULOUS layout!!!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Amazing page Aphra!!! You rock!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What an amazing and so detailed layout!!! fantastic!!

Kat said...

wow!!!! this is a gorgeous layout! you definitely rocked the green at heart papers...go you!

Melissa said...

Wow, loooove this, gorgeous work!!!

Glynis said...

Fabulous!! Love all the different elements you used and those balloon animals are great :O)

julie said...

Fabulous page Aphra - love what you did with the PP frame - I'll have to try that!!

Jennifer said...

Aww, too bad you missed your meeting. :( This LO is so sweet. I LOVE the handmade flowers, especially that circular one. Gotta lift that for sure! ;) The butterfly trail made with brads is great! :)

Beatriz Farquhar Guzman said...

Beautiful work!

Teri said...

This is gorgeous, Aphra! Love the bright colours and whimsical touches! :)

AmesOx said...

LOVE this LO Aphra! All the little details create one amazing LO. You have such a wonderful whimsical quality to all your work, so fun and just brings a smile to my face everytime I see one of your LO's!

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous layout Aphra, you've used so many different elements but it all blends in to one perfectly balanced layout. Adore the ribbon!
Melinda :)