Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Season

This Spring was my oldest son's sixth season to play baseball and my youngest son's first season out of the stroller. Oh my word. What a difference a stroller can make! I spent most of each game chasing my preschooler and trying to get him to sit down and very little time watching the game or taking pictures. It's a good thing I took this sweet photo of my player on the way to his first game!

New Season





Supplies--Paper, Die Cut: October Afternoon Thrift Shop; Chipboard: Maya Road; Ribbon, Corrugated Alphas: Jillibean Soup; Alphas: Thickers; Button Flowers: Evalicious.

How fun is it that I was able to use October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line for my son's baseball layout? That makes a momma of two boys a happy, scrappy camper!

This layout is based on Creative Scrappers sketch #110 that went up on the blog this morning. Be sure to go over there and check out the sketch and the rest of the team's takes. Pure eye candy!

See you soon!

13 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Awesome layout and what a cutie your DS is! Normally, I would have never dreamed of using that OA line for baseball photos, but it TOTALLY works!! Love it! I completely understand not being able to watch the game. My oldest two boys play tball; however, having a two yr old and newborn made it rather difficult to actually watch the game;)

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

This is a fabulous layout so happy I found your blog.
I love the banner you used ~ how did you create it or did you buy it that way?

Stacey Michaud said...

I love banners and this one is fabulous!

Juliana said...

First off...I love the new look of your blog! Kristine did an amazing job with it!!!

The LO! How cute! I love the way you framed the photo and of course the banner is fabulous!!! I have yet to try this on one of my LO!

Kathy Martin said...

Back from vacation! :) Love your page! Fun black/white polka dot paper frame! :)

Jennifer said...

Loving your take Aphra!!! The banner is terrific and so are these papers!! What a sweet photo of your big fellow!! He always has the cutest smile in every photo you take!!!

Teri said...

Beautiful, Aphra! I really like your bold banner. Great new blog header, too! (Maybe it's been there for a while...but I've been on a bit of an internet hiatus! :) I still haven't dug into my May kit by the way...but school ends on Tuesday, so I can't wait! :)

Frances said...

This is such a sweet layout and BTW "happy, scrappy camper" sooooo cute!! You are a mess!!

Erin P said...

oh my goodness lady! that is a hot mess! you have mad skills....love it ... you rule...nuff said. :)

~Sasha Farina~ said...

heee... no stroller = freedom! :D poor mama.. have to chase him all over! that layout is beautiful aphra!

Taj White said...

congrats on simply renee my dear. such a cute lo!

Debbie said...

Colorful and creative layout!

Cin Cin said...

WOW!! LOVING that you used this line on SPORTS!! You are ROCKIN the banners, BTW!! TY for the inspo!