Monday, June 7, 2010

Paper Poppy Challenge Week Layout

This week at The Paper Poppy is Challenge Week, so all week the design team will be showing off our layouts based on the monthly challenge. So, what is the challenge? It's a little different. You are to create a layout inspired by the artwork of Mary Englebreit. Her style and images are a perfect match for this month's kit. You can see some of her work at her website HERE.

Here's the image that I chose as inspiration for my layout. I was inspired by the black background, the bright colors, the grid, and the flowers.

Potty Talk: My three year old is a serious chatter box. He talks just about every waking minute of the day, whether someone is listening to him or not. And if he's not talking, he's singing. Right now he's potty training. He sits there FOREVER. Probably because he's too busy talking to take care of business. LOL! Such a funny age.



I LOVE a grid layout and find that it really helps when I have a lot of patterns that I'm trying to use. To break up all the harsh lines, I added several circular elements: Lily Bee die cut, Lily Bee chipboard flowers, and rolled paper flowers.

Thanks for popping in today! Hopefully, you'll be inspired to try the Mary Englebreit challenge. If so, link up your layout at The Paper Poppy by June 25th for a chance at a July Add-On.

11 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Oh, super fun challenge! Adorable layout! That cracks me up! My DS can be the same way...I keep hearing myslef saying 'pee already...c'mon!' lol....

Suzanne said...

That layout is so cute!!! Fantastic!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Martin said...

LOL! Great page! He's going to HATE it later! ;) Love all the bright colors! :)

Sarah said...

Love the coloured pp on the black background! This would be a good one to save until his wedding ;)

iza said...

really love the fun bright colors.the flowers, cute.love it...

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra, just love how the colours pop right off the black background. And your flowers are way to cute! Think your son may be wanting to hide this layout in a few years time. LOL!
Melinda :)

Lan said...

Love the pop of color! You are a pro at those rolled flowers.

Deanna said...

LOVE this LO Aphra! Fantastic idea for inspiration, and I love how you interpreted it! Those flower just pop right off the page too!

Tanya Tahir said...

Fabulous! I love the rolled flowers!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful, bright and colorful layout! Love the use of the black background, as it make the whole page pop! Your flowers are gorgeous!